What's new

Could The Defenders Be Released on DVD? (1 Viewer)

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Watched “Along Came A Spider” tonight, I think I liked it more than most people in this thread did. Not great but better than Gideon’s Follies, Locked Room and Reunion With Death. Maybe it’s just that I took a week off and was happy to be seeing the show again.
I thought I was the only one up at this hour.
icon_e_thinking.gif

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Resurrecting this thread…

I happen to catch a third season episode on YouTube last night entitled Blacklist. As most other Defender episodes I’ve see, it was absolutely engrossing. The quality is barely passable, but if you can get by that, it’s certainly worth your time.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Blacklist was the first time television did an episode dealing with the red scare and how it ruined people's lives and careers. Another great episode of a great series. I tried to convince Shout to go the best of route with The Defenders, at least for a first release. Although it would have been difficult to decide on the best 30 shows, I think at least it would have gotten them out there.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Such an incredible hour-long series. It’s so sad we only have the first season available. I sure hope somehow the last three seasons finally see the light of day
And the sad part is that the first season is the weakest of the series. When the show started, CBS was putting pressure to make the show more like Perry Mason. After the first half of the first season, when the ratings were good, they let Herbert Brodkin make the show the way he wanted and that's when it became great.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
With The Defenders not having a full series DVD release, I elected to get the nine seasons of Perry Mason on DVD. I also have Petrocelli on DVD, a decent series although it ran for just the two seasons.

One gripe I have about Perry Mason is that some of those courtroom confessions come off as contrived and phony, overdramatized to make it attractive for TV.

I like how the Petrocelli episodes are told in flashback, two versions of what supposedly happened are told, then at the end Petrocelli explains what actually happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks