What's new

Continuous CD play in DVD changer (1 Viewer)

RogerMM

Auditioning
I recently purchased a Denon 1815 DVD changer to replace a Toshiba DVD player and a Denon CD changer. Both are over twelve years old, and we have gotten our money's worth out of both players.

One feature is missing that we both miss, which is the continuous play back function of CD's in the old DCM 360. This was programable from the front panel, but the 1815 requires the remote with on-screen programing during playback to enable continuous playback. The wife is not happy.

So, my question is, is there a DVD changer out there that will play back CD's continuously and restore musical bliss to our living room without without gymnastic programing each time the changer is loaded?

In marital Thanksgiving, Roger

ChrisCollins

Stunt Coordinator
Roger
I just picked up the Yamaha C750 and it plays CD's through all five discs. If you mix the type of disc, say SACD, DVD Audio, CD- It wont play through. But if you keep say all CD's, it will continue through. It also does random shuffle the same way

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Panasonic F-87 has "CD Mode" that will skip DVDs and play all CDs in the tray. Works like a charm. One button on the remote turns this on, so no need to go to a menu. This feature still has to be turned on each time you turn it back on though.

ChrisCollins

Stunt Coordinator
Ill second that feature
I owned that unit for a short while and that was a great feature if you keep a mix of discs in the player

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
If you use the remote to put it into continuous play (repeat play) mode, will it stay that way througy multiple re-loadings (not necessarily through multiple power offs)?

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

I would not use my DVD changer for CD's and definitely not with shuffle play of CD's since that will use up the finite lifetime of the player mechanicals and then the expensive Faroudja DCDI or whatever de=interlacer inside must be thrown out when the player dies.

RogerMM

Auditioning
CD continuous playback is engaged by:

1. Power on player and TV and select S Video input (on our set)
2. Select disk
3. Push play
4. Push "Repeat" button on remote and scroll until "5 CD repeat" appears on screen.

This process must be repeated if the player is stopped or powered off.

According to "Secrets of Home Theater" earlier versions of the Yamaha payers were based on the Panasonic design which uses the Genesis video chip. How do the Faroujda chip was a selling point in my decision to buy the Denon 1815. ($130 factory refurb at eCost)

Thanks to the members for your informative replies! Roger

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks