What's new

Constant audio dropouts (1 Viewer)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I have noticed dropouts with my sub for quite some time now but never like last night during a viewing of We Were Soldiers. The dropouts of the sub was constant and irritating. Enough that I am considering dropping the sub! I do know the sub was getting a signal since my bass shakers continued to respond. I have a SVS PC20-39, calibrated with video essentials, running at -5db setting from a RX-V1 Yamaha. I changed to -7db but the same dropouts still occurred. I was not at reference level... rather at around 10db below.
The 20-39pc is a little over a year old,and has the improved driver mod. As I said, I have always had dropouts from this sub but just not as many as last night.
Is it time for a trade in???

keir

Stunt Coordinator
i wouldnt be happy with dropouts of any kind. you should talk to svs about the problem and get it replaced if its under warranty.

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
I have never heard of dropouts in a sub. If you've always had them. something is definitely amiss and has gotten worse.

Have you checked for loose connections?

If this proves negative, an email to SVS tech support is indicated. You could have a sub amp that has gone from bad to worse.

The PC's should play with no dropouts. The limits would be the amp clipping or the driver bottoming out.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks