What's new

Concerts You've Seen That Will Never Be Seen Again (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Oddly phrased question here - EVERY concert I've seen will never be seen again. Once it's over, it's over!

Is the question more about ACTS that'll never tour again? If so, why are the Eagles - who're now on tour - on the list?

Eddie Horton

Stunt Coordinator
Damn, I'm catching lots of grief about the Eagles. Forget em', then. And yes, it's acts that'll never be seen again. (You'd think everyone would catch on after the first couple of posts, but hey....what do I know?) :D

GarySI

Stunt Coordinator
Pink Floyd- The Wall 1980, Nassau Colliseum
Queen- 1974, Beacon Theater
Roxy Music (with B. Eno)-1971 MSG(opener for J Tull)
U2- 1980, The Ritz (NYC) (opener for Duran Duran)
The Who-'73,'75,'77(w/Moon), MSG
Talking Heads-'76,CBGB's
Elvis Costello and the Attractions-1977, Bottm Line(NYC Debut)
The Clash-1977, The Mudd Club,NYC
Genesis(w/P.Gabriel)-1973 The Academy of Music,NYC
There are more, but I'll be here all night

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Bob Dylan - '97 (pre heart surgery) as a side note this was my first concert ever and looking back it wasn't very good, I only knew two songs of his at the time.

Brian Wilson - Pet Sounds Tour - I don't remember when he did the tour for this, but it rained during all of Pet Sounds and stopped when he started playing his old Beach Boys tunes, how appropriate

Those are the two that come to mind.

Another side note, I saw someone post about Elton John with his original backing band, I actually met one of his original, original backing band members, a guy who also played on Wild Thing and all sorts of other songs that came out of England in the 60's. Caleb Quaye, wicked nice guy, he's a musician still but doing christian music, I got him to sign one of my guitars, an amazing guitar player, he plays just as good if not better than Eric Clapton.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I'm still really damned confused about some of the posts on this thread! Why are people citing Bob Dylan and U2? Of course we'll never see U2 in 1980 again. Nor will we see them in 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, etc. - time machines don't exist! Even if they played the same set and wore the same clothes from that night and opened for DD again, it still wouldn't be the same concert.

Am I missing something? What's the point of these posts?

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Not surre about being better than EC, but I agree, he's excellent. Mr Quaye played on the Elton John album and then I think recorded with Elton again on the Rock of the Westies album. And indeed, he is very good.

I was talking about the line-up that made all the very famous albums - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Don't Shoot Me ..., Caribou, etc. Davey Johnstone and Nigel Olsson still play with EJ on occasions, but alas Dee Murray died a few years ago. :frowning:

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Floyd at Carnegie Hall in the very early 70's
Traffic and the John Mayall Blues Band around the same time.
I saw Floyd at Nassau Colliseum also GarySI which turned out better than I thought it would.

NeilTHI

Agent
Led Zeppelin in Manchester, England in 1974. Just the best gig I've seen in my life. Just fantastic. Also, The Faces with Rod Stewart in the same year.

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
"Chicago" (Around 1983)

"Huey Lewis and the News" (1984)

"The Little River Band" (1986)

"Night Ranger" and "The Outfield" (Mid 80's)

"Survivor" (1988)

"Damn Yankees" (Early 90's)

"Styx" (With all original members including Dennis De Young in mid 90's)

"Earth, Wind, & Fire" (With Maurice White in the 90's)

Chris-V

Stunt Coordinator
In light of the fact that the vast majority of the concerts listed so far have been ones that it's sad will never be seen again, below is my list of embarassing concerts that it's a good thing will never be seen again.

Tyketto (better-forgotten hair rockers of the late 80's/early 90's)

House of Lords (same as Tyketto)

Winger

Nelson (a gift to my then-g/f, but nevertheless...)

Black Sabbath with Tony Martin on vocals

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Digital Underground
Truck Stop Love
Aquabats
Andy & The Buttdarts
Nada Surf
They Might Be Giants (in original 2 man form)

Kevin T

Screenwriter
rage against the machine
the toadies
coal chamber
korn (not that i'd want to see them now)
limp bizkit (see korn)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
GarySI: I have Pete Townsend's fuzz box from that 4 show stint in 1973. I went thursday and friday nights, 3rd and 4th rows seats center, respectively.

Also saw:

The last Ziggy Stardust USA show at Radio City, 2nd row. And went to Bowie's party at Sardis upstairs.

George See

Second Unit

I wouldn't say it's outside the realm of possibility to see this again. I just saw them as a 2 man at an in store appearence at borders. While not the same as before I could see them easily deciding to go out as a 2 piece again in the future.

While also not outside the realm of possibility I saw Brian Wilson perform SMiLE at Carnegie Hall last fall, although i'm only 29 I doubt i'll ever see anything on that level again.

I've seen Phish. Though they could always reform.

As for something that will definitly never happen again, I had the pleasure of seeing Warren Zevon play several years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks