What's new

Concerning Pixel Outages (Am i worrying too much?) (1 Viewer)

KevinBarnes

Auditioning
I am the proud new owner of a Toshiba 51H83 HDTV. It has been working great and has a crisp, clean picture when used with my progressive scan DVD player. I have had it for about 2 weeks, and i bought a warranty with it from the Best
Buy, the store i purchased it at. When i first got it, i didn't notice anything strange when the screen was all blue or all white. But just today, when i turned off my DVD player and the screen went all blue, i noticed several
"pixels" not emitting any light. I looked across the top of the TV and i found about 4 of these pixels all black, some larger than others. These are very hard to notice, and they don't really bother me when watching, but i'm still curious as to where they come from and if i can use my warranty to replace the screen if too many of these pop up. And yes, i did make sure they were not things that were on the screen itself, and i take very good care of my T.V. One more thing, when playing DVDs, there is sometimes a fuschia colored line at the bottom of the TV that is only noticeable upclose.

Kimi-R

Agent
I've never, ever heard of "dead pixels" on a CRT based TV. I'm not familiar with this particular TV, but I assume it is a rear projection unit with three internal CRT guns, yes?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the Toshiba being discussed here is a CRT-based RPTV. There are no pixels involved. It also sounds as if you do not have the DVD player connected to it properly.

KevinBarnes

Auditioning
Yes, it is a CRT tv. I am aware that there are no pixels on a CRT tv like an LCD screen, but then what should i call them? There are just little dots that are black when the rest of the screen is emitting a different color.... My DVD player is connected to my tv through a component video cable from acoustic research.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks