Component cable question

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by Kevin*H, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Kevin*H

Kevin*H Stunt Coordinator

Has anyone compared the picture quality of a silver component cable with a canare/belden component cable
    from eg blue jeans?

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

No, but why would one expect them to be any different?

3. ScottCHI

ScottCHI Screenwriter

any difference you "see" will be in their build quality

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I build with Canare (V3-5CFB) and Belden (7710a)- the same ones BJ uses, and have an older Silver Serpent Component Video Cable from BC (not the new Ref model)... I have a 3m (10 foot approx) run of Bettercables.

I have done several tests- including in my own system (my current with a digital projector and transcoder- and my older setup with crt projection)- and have tried some tests with my friends' setups (both HD and Non-HD).

While my tests were not scientific (not double blind)- I found that on non-HD material there was basically little/no difference-- at 10 feet they were basically identical.

For HD material, i actually found the Belden to look just a little bit cleaner (the Belden cable is spec'd better than the original Bettercables component, and same/better than their Ref stuff). The Canare was the same with the Bettercables- which still wasn't bad at all.

All in all- all the cables were nearly identical, built well (of course I built my own Canare and Belden, so this is not necessarily an endorsement of BJ).

-vince