What's new

Component cable question (1 Viewer)

Kevin*H

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone compared the picture quality of a silver component cable with a canare/belden component cable
from eg blue jeans?

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I build with Canare (V3-5CFB) and Belden (7710a)- the same ones BJ uses, and have an older Silver Serpent Component Video Cable from BC (not the new Ref model)... I have a 3m (10 foot approx) run of Bettercables.

I have done several tests- including in my own system (my current with a digital projector and transcoder- and my older setup with crt projection)- and have tried some tests with my friends' setups (both HD and Non-HD).

While my tests were not scientific (not double blind)- I found that on non-HD material there was basically little/no difference-- at 10 feet they were basically identical.

For HD material, i actually found the Belden to look just a little bit cleaner (the Belden cable is spec'd better than the original Bettercables component, and same/better than their Ref stuff). The Canare was the same with the Bettercables- which still wasn't bad at all.

All in all- all the cables were nearly identical, built well (of course I built my own Canare and Belden, so this is not necessarily an endorsement of BJ).

-vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks