What's new

comcast digital cable (1 Viewer)

brianacook

Stunt Coordinator
i wasn't sure which area to post in, so i hope this is in the right place. a friend of mine who lives in philadelphia just got comcast digital cable installed. problem is, the cable box has no s-video output AND no output for digital sound, even though the box has the dolby digital logo on it!!!
i was just wondering if any other comcast customers (or former customers) experienced this same problem. thanks.
brian

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert Monzo

Agent
I live in Philadelphia and I had the same problem. The Dolby Digital logo in this case is entirely misleading. I asked Comcast for a newer box with the S-video and Dolby Digital outs but they said they didn't have any.
I hated their digital box. Entirely too slow to change channels. Drove me crazy. This and the fact that they STILL don't have FX in Northeast Philly are reasons I switched back to analog.
Robert
[Edited last by Robert Monzo on November 07, 2001 at 05:17 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks