What's new

Comcast and HDMI (1 Viewer)

JGiampa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Giampa
Does anyone use Comcast as their cable prodivder and have a box that uses HDMI? I am moving into a new apartment and I would like to know whether I will be able to use the HDMI cables that I recently ordered.

Thanks

JGiampa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Giampa
The guy came today and told me that if i wanted HDMI outputs i would have to get the dvdr box which is an extra 10 bucks a month.

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
I have the DVR (Motorolla something-orother) and just installed an HDMI cable last night - switching from their crappy components. After a bit of tweaking, I'm noticing some better color depth and also less "fuzzies" on fast-moving HD images on the INHD channels.

JGiampa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Giampa
Really you thought their component cables looked bad? That sucks for me huh. Should I buy different component cables?

Its weird I find a lot of guys saying to go with HDMI and a lot of guys saying go with component.

CameronJ

Stunt Coordinator
You should have no problem if you are going straight from the box to the tv. However, my Comcast Motorola 6412 has problems when going through my Denon 4302.

As far as component vs. HDMI - I found that this problem (not being able to use HDMI through my AVR) didn't bother me too much - as switching between high-quality components and HDMI direct to the TV didn't seem to produce a noticeable change in quality for me. The key here is high-quality component cables, as the cables you get with the boxes are generally crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks