What's new

Columbia, Please release "The Bedford Incident" in DVD (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'd really like to see Columbia release this taut Cold War thriller. It is a damned good movie starring two great actors: Sidney Poitier & Richard Widmark. My VHS tape is going to wear out soon! This film was to receive a widescreen Laserdisc release a few years ago, but unfortunately it never was released.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
It is really hard to believe that no one else on this forum is a fan of this film. Only 2 views up to this point?? I would have thought that at least one Sidney Poitier fan would have replied. :frowning:

I posted this in the correct area for this type of post, :) but maybe I should have put it in the Software section where by default it would get at least a few more views & maybe a couple of replies. To me this film is at least: :star: :star: :star:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A little patience goes a long way in achieving desire results.:) Yes, I want this film on dvd too.

Crawdaddy

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
patience goes a long way in achieving desire results
Which results are you referring to? Getting replies or getting the DVD released? I think I've been extremely patient in waiting for a release of this film in a widescreen format and in a format other than tape, since it has been 10+ years at least since the announced WS LD release that did not happen. As for replies, well some topics get replied to in seconds & usually if they are in the Software section. On more than one occasion I've had to post a plea like the one above before someone replied. I'm glad at least one other person here is a fan. Thanks for the reply.;)

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I'd buy a DVD, too. I watched the film on TCM last night at 11:00 PM (California time).

Also, I agree,the film was never released on LD domestically. However, I had heard the film was released on LD in Japan -- which must be true, as a Japanese copy is currently up for auction on EBay. I'm tempted to submit a bid myself.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
However, I had heard the film was released on LD in Japan -- which must be true, as a Japanese copy is currently up for auction on EBay. I'm tempted to submit a bid myself
It does not say if the LD is widescreen or not. Plus I'd hate to have to put up with the subtitles. It would have been nice if the Japanese LD was bilingual.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Waiting ten years is nothing, I've been waiting for "The High And The Mighty" on any video format for over 20 years.:) Luckily, I'm a patient man, otherwise, I'll be bouncing off the walls.;) By the way, my reference to patience was about people responding to this thread.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to have "The High And The Mighty" also. 20+ yrs is about how long it has been since I last saw it on TV. But no one did respond until I posted the plea about replying. I'm sure there would have been a faster reply if I had posted it in the "wrong" section(Software).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks