Columbia, Please release "The Bedford Incident" in DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_HR, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

I'd really like to see Columbia release this taut Cold War thriller. It is a damned good movie starring two great actors: Sidney Poitier & Richard Widmark. My VHS tape is going to wear out soon! This film was to receive a widescreen Laserdisc release a few years ago, but unfortunately it never was released.

2. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

It is really hard to believe that no one else on this forum is a fan of this film. Only 2 views up to this point?? I would have thought that at least one Sidney Poitier fan would have replied. [​IMG]

I posted this in the correct area for this type of post, [​IMG] but maybe I should have put it in the Software section where by default it would get at least a few more views & maybe a couple of replies. To me this film is at least: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    A little patience goes a long way in achieving desire results.[​IMG] Yes, I want this film on dvd too.

Crawdaddy

4. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

5. Dave B Ferris

Dave B Ferris Screenwriter

I'd buy a DVD, too. I watched the film on TCM last night at 11:00 PM (California time).

Also, I agree,the film was never released on LD domestically. However, I had heard the film was released on LD in Japan -- which must be true, as a Japanese copy is currently up for auction on EBay. I'm tempted to submit a bid myself.

6. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

7. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Waiting ten years is nothing, I've been waiting for "The High And The Mighty" on any video format for over 20 years.[​IMG] Luckily, I'm a patient man, otherwise, I'll be bouncing off the walls.[​IMG] By the way, my reference to patience was about people responding to this thread.

8. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

I'd love to have "The High And The Mighty" also. 20+ yrs is about how long it has been since I last saw it on TV. But no one did respond until I posted the plea about replying. I'm sure there would have been a faster reply if I had posted it in the "wrong" section(Software).