What's new

Columbia House HONEYMOONERS? (1 Viewer)

AlanBrom

Second Unit
I noticed that in a recent TV Guide, Columbia House is offering "The Honeymooners" show on DVD. It says that each disc contains "five to six episodes." Question is, are these the classic 39 not yet available in stores, or are they the "Lost Episodes" easily available from MPI?

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
They are the classic 39. I've got the first 4 volumes, 6 episodes per disc so far.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Gabe, that's awesome!
Can I ask... How is the quality? Also, if you have progressive scan, what mode are they in? Film, (which they SHOULD be) or Video?
I'm thinking of getting these. Did you order by phone? TV guide ad? The "official" Col. House website only has these listed under VHS... Also, 1st volume free, I believe.
:) D

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I don't believe there are any extras. There may be some text supplements or something.

As for the quality, well, they haven't been given any kind of grand restoration. For the most part they're pretty clean. I'm sure they probably used the same masters from the previous VHS releases. The quality is definitely better than the MPI lost episodes discs.

I'm not sure on the progressive mode, I'll try to remember to check it out later.

I ordered them from an advertisement card that they sent me with a DVD Club mailer. It's probably the same as what you'd find in TV Guide.

Enjoy the cheap/free first disc, because after tax and shipping you're looking at like $25 or $30 each for these things. I assume that after Volume 4 they'll switch to 5 episodes per disc for a total of 7 volumes.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I got the fifth disc the other day, and it only has 5 episodes, so it looks like they are going 6-6-6-6-5-5-5 after all.

Also, the progressive scan is in film mode.

I want to add that I don't think I really gave the picture quality justice before. Although there are scratches and other flaws here and there, the overall quality is wonderful.

When I have the complete set I'll consider it ~$150 well spent. (Then the next day they'll announce an extras-laden box set for $40...)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Interesting.

Went to Columbiahouse.com and looked, but saw
no HONEYMOONERS DVD COLLECTION listed.

Anyone have a direct link?

Would love to start buying these, but I am also
fearful that CBS/FOX may start releasing these in
the near future, and quite frankly, I'd rather buy
that set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks