What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Sony’s Columbia Classics 4K Ultra HD Collection Volume 2 is a collection of six distinct film favorites each representing a decade from the studio’s history, available on 4K UHD Blu-ray for the first time.

Disc Information

Studio: Sony
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 2160p HEVC w/HDR

Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Audio:

Subtitles:
Rating: Not Rated

Run Time:
Package Includes: UHD, Blu-ray, Digital Copy, Other

Case Type: 2-disc UHD keepcase with slipcover for each feature, all movies housed in a deluxe gift box

Disc Type: UHD
Region: All

Release Date: 10/12/2021
MSRP: $164.99

The Production: 4.5/5
This second volume of six movies from Columbia Pictures, each reviewed individually, consists of the following...

Continue reading...

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
An official response from SPHE Customer Service regarding the digital copies included with this set and their lack of 4k, HDR, Atmos, etc.:

Dear Todd,

Thank you for contacting Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

We have forwarded your concern and unfortunately, as a studio we cannot control what versions of our titles digital platforms offer to their consumers. Our content gets sent over to the retailers and they choose what version of the movie that platform will carry.

We apologize for any inconvenience we have caused.
Of course, that completely contradicts what retailers like Vudu have said of this situation - "That is what the studio sent to us."

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
An official response from SPHE Customer Service regarding the digital copies included with this set and their lack of 4k, HDR, Atmos, etc.:

Of course, that completely contradicts what retailers like Vudu have said of this situation - "That is what the studio sent to us."
I blame them both as they really have soured me on digitals. The industry keeps shooting itself in the foot when they piss off customers like myself that are willing and waiting to give them my monies. Not so much any longer.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I blame them both as they really have soured me on digitals. The industry keeps shooting itself in the foot when they piss off customers like myself that are willing and waiting to give them my monies. Not so much any longer.
I responded pretty much with what I said above, that their statement contradicts what the retailers told me. We'll see if I get a response.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
An actual Amazon.com deal while it lasts.

A $16 add-on coupon appeared on Amazon.com in addition to a new $91 price so $75+tax. In the past these coupons tend to come/go quickly so jump early if you're interested

I checked the usual PM sites and I think they're misreading the Target.com deal which says $93/20% Off Movies, but that discount I think that is only available on InStore eligible items (In stock or order to store for pickup) which this item is not eligible for either.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I checked the usual PM sites and I think they're misreading the Target.com deal which says $93/20% Off Movies, but that discount I think that is only available on InStore eligible items (In stock or order to store for pickup) which this item is not eligible for either.
That's correct for Target, any item that has to be shipped isn't eligible for that sale.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
An actual Amazon.com deal while it lasts.

A $16 add-on coupon appeared on Amazon.com in addition to a new $91 price so $75+tax. In the past these coupons tend to come/go quickly so jump early if you're interested
The coupon has increased to $17.85 while the price has remained $91.44. So the price is now $73.59 plus tax.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
That's correct for Target, any item that has to be shipped isn't eligible for that sale.
Target doesn't make that clear as shipping only items have the icon as well...

1640718104945.png

When you try to order the item the 20% offer does not apply ... :(

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Some people have had success contacting CSR and complaining about items being labelled eligible, but then blocked due to the In-store Restriction. Apparently this promo was not well implemented by Target.com though I'm not sure which should have happened. With such a limited in-store inventory, it seems it was probably supposed to be online as well, but that;s not the way it ended up.

I could also see it was meant to be a strictly Circle Option that was supposed to be loaded like the old Cartwheel codes and used at checkout in store. In that case, it should have been advertised in the Target Ad or Website.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Target doesn't make that clear as shipping only items have the icon as well...

View attachment 122745

When you try to order the item the 20% offer does not apply ... :(
If you pull up the "20% off" offer details, it does make it clearer, but you have a valid point regarding how they're tagging every title with that "20% of Movies on Sale".

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Some people have had success contacting CSR and complaining about items being labelled eligible, but then blocked due to the In-store Restriction. Apparently this promo was not well implemented by Target.com though I'm not sure which should have happened. With such a limited in-store inventory, it seems it was probably supposed to be online as well, but that;s not the way it ended up.

I could also see it was meant to be a strictly Circle Option that was supposed to be loaded like the old Cartwheel codes and used at checkout in store. In that case, it should have been advertised in the Target Ad or Website.
It technically IS a Circle (nee Cartwheel) promotion
1640736199517.png

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
True, but usually Circle offers aren't advertised as a Deal on their site with 33000+ filtered and labelled under the "Sale"

There is some disconnect with the way the sale was designed, how it ended up working, and how past offers/sales like this have been flagged. I'm not sure if it started to be one thing then changed somewhere along the line and got all messed up. It's hard to know which type sale it was meant to be -- with the Circle Offer specifically selectable I now suspect it was meant to be a normal InStore Offer and was never meant to be flagged on the website. If it was meant to be online you'd think they would have flipped th switch at some point to allow it. Also quite a lot of prices I'm seeing are already lower than they were during the last B2G1 sale, so seems a bit unlikely they put items at Sale Prices and then added a separate 20% off flag in addition.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Curently only available from 3rd parties at Amazon. I guess the coupon increased sales enough to sell out. Perhaps they will be some returns.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks