What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Sony brings Stripes to 4K as part of the film’s 40th anniversary, including it as part of the 6-film Columbia Classics 4K Ultra-HD Collection, Volume 2.

Stripes (1981)

Released: 26 Jun 1981
Rated: R
Runtime: 106 min

Director: Ivan Reitman
Genre: Comedy, War

Cast: Bill Murray, John Candy, Harold Ramis
Writer(s): Len Blum, Daniel Goldberg, Harold Ramis

Plot: Two friends who are dissatisfied with their jobs decide to join the army for a bit of fun.

IMDB rating: 6.9
MetaScore: 68

Disc Information

Studio: Sony
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 2160p HEVC w/HDR

Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Audio: Dolby Atmos, English 7.1 Dolby TrueHD, English 2.0 DTS-HDMA, English 5.1...

Continue reading...

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Owner
Real Name
Dave Upton
Thanks for the review Todd! I really enjoy this film as a once in a while watch, and felt the last Blu-ray transfer I watched left a lot to be desired.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Watched this for the first time in possibly twenty years the other night and enjoyed it a lot.
Having seen it in original release and one or two video incarnations, my reaction has always been that the film peaks once basic training ends, and the mission that follows has a lot fewer laughs at the expense of action and drags the movie down a little. Knowing it was coming, the final act this time seemed to me to be better integrated than I had previously remembered.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Watched this for the first time in possibly twenty years the other night and enjoyed it a lot.
Having seen it in original release and one or two video incarnations, my reaction has always been that the film peaks once basic training ends, and the mission that follows has a lot fewer laughs at the expense of action and drags the movie down a little. Knowing it was coming, the final act this time seemed to me to be better integrated than I had previously remembered.

I haven't watched this film in that time frame as well. It's not a film I greatly enjoy for the exact reasons you state. It seems like the first part of the film has a few laughs but gets substantially dragged down thereafter.

However, I am well aware this film has a huge following.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Awesome review, Todd. You can conclude from my enduring signature line below, I'm all in on this one. Finally have something to thank Sony for. It's about time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredMediaSSI
Recent bookmarks