What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Sense and Sensibility looks splendid in Sony’s new 4K UHD release, part of their 6-film Columbia Classics 4K Ultra HD Collection Volume 2.

Sense and Sensibility (1995)

Released: 26 Jan 1996
Rated: PG
Runtime: 136 min

Director: Ang Lee
Genre: Drama, Romance

Cast: Emma Thompson, Kate Winslet, James Fleet
Writer(s): Jane Austen, Emma Thompson

Plot: Rich Mr. Dashwood dies, leaving his second wife and her three daughters poor by the rules of inheritance. The two eldest daughters are the title opposites.

IMDB rating: 7.7
MetaScore: 84

Disc Information

Studio: Sony
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 2160p HEVC w/HDR

Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
Audio: Dolby Atmos, English...

Continue reading...

derekbd

Grip
Real Name
Derek
I'll be waiting for an individual release of this disc as the film is a long-time favourite. Basically nothing can be faulted about the film and I have happily shown the Twilight Time blu to any friends that I can.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
For me and my spouse this is one of those movies that's pretty much perfect. I have the Twilight Time blu-ray, and before that we watched in on dvd, on vhs, and then in the theaters. I'll probably get this at some point if it's released as an individual title, although I'm quite pleased with the TT blu-ray.

Last edited:

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
FWIW, it is available on iTunes in 4K, and it's often on sale for $5.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
Although I was pleased with the TT blu-ray, this new 4K UHD edition of Sense and Sensibility approved by director Ang Lee is outstanding, and takes this movie to the next level. Every time I watch Sense and Sensibility it makes me laugh and get emotional. The 25th anniversary special feature reunion is fun. For me, this is one of those perfect movies that is even better than the novel it's based on, and it's even better in 4K UHD. Everything is top-notch—screenplay, casting, performances, costumes (with wonderful detail in 4k), production design, cinematography, music, and editing. And there's a good essay on the movie in the book that's included too.

sense-and-sensibility-cinema-quad-movie-poster-(3).jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks