What's new

"Collectors Editions" with Adverts at the Start (1 Viewer)

RobD

Second Unit
A while back when I first got my LionKing box set I remember feeling a bit irritated at the advert at the start. The fact that it was a more expencsive than usual collectors edition made it worse, six months later and its really beginning to p*ss me off. :angry:

Am I the only one that feels cheated that Disney and other do this?

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
I wouldn't say "cheated" but more dissapointed. In general, with CE releases, it would seem better to respect the audience and just give them what they want. But this is a business as well as an art, so I understand that they want to let you know of all the other "great" titles you can add to your collection. At least they still let you hit the menu button to skip a lot of the trailers. Some releases (like Lost in Translation IIRC) don't let you.

RobD

Second Unit
I know "Collectors Editions" are really pure marketing but I think they really should provide people with what they want on these editions. Three years later a dvd with a load of old adverts at the start is not so collectible IMHO.

The block thing doesnt apply to me becuase I have a UOP disabled DVD player (A direct response to being locked in to copyright and the like although I understand the need for that). If I had come accorss a title like Lost In Translation on my old player I probably would have written a nasty letter to the whoever was responsible. :frowning:

In a related rant.... I think they should always make sure the printed adverts are seperate to any collector's booklets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks