What's new

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Was able to order both, one from Walmart, the other from Deep Discount. The tight disc pocket thing is worrisome, though. I wish they'd just use individual cases for each disc. Better to add bulk than damage.

So are these selling out or is is actually just a run of the mill replication backlog? If it's the former, that's great news because it means physical media isn't really dying. If it's the latter, maybe opening another replicator will ease some of the burden.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Was able to order both, one from Walmart, the other from Deep Discount. The tight disc pocket thing is worrisome, though. I wish they'd just use individual cases for each disc. Better to add bulk than damage.

So are these selling out or is is actually just a run of the mill replication backlog? If it's the former, that's great news because it means physical media isn't really dying. If it's the latter, maybe opening another replicator will ease some of the burden.
Opening a disc replication plant is not cheap. This happens every year at this time, worse this year because so many titles were announced very late. Nine months out of the year the North American plant in Mexico operates below capacity, the last quarter it gets hit with an overwhelming number of replication orders, mostly because the studios hold their biggest titles for the end of the year in anticipation of holiday gift giving.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Correction: A 3D version was initially offered for sale along with the Blu-day independently of buying a Panasonic display as the review implies. I know because I own it and do not have such a display.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Correction: A 3D version was initially offered for sale along with the Blu-day independently of buying a Panasonic display as the review implies. I know because I own it and do not have such a display.
The 3D version was exclusively bundled with Panasonic displays at first, then became widely available a year or so later.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Ok either way it wasn’t mentioned in the review. And it’s really the only way it should d be viewed as Cameron shot it that way and intended it to be viewed that way. I will stick with both my original 3D and Way of Water 3D as I already own the extended cut on Blu and unless it’s released on 3D I will pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks