What's new

Cobra Kai (1 Viewer)

sterling77

Auditioning
Real Name
paul sterling
During the "four questions" thing today, someone tweeted they thought Kreese was only in Johnny's mind and I immediately groaned because I hate that trope -- it totally ruined Mr. Robot for me.

Then I saw the trailer and a couple things about it bugged me and I got a bad feeling. I mean, these writers are excellent so I doubt they'd do something that lame but ... in both shots of Kreese ... it reminded me of Fight Club ... Kreese standing behind Johnny outside the dojo when Daniel is there ... when they show Johnny walk towards Daniel, you no longer see Kreese. When the cobras are practicing in the woods, you only see Kreese ... not Johnny ... what I want is for that to mean Johnny continues on his journey so the kids feel betrayed and go with Kreese creating the ultimate drama and final battle ... but what if it's ... like Fight Club? That would suck. I'm just imagining things, right? Because someone planted that seed, right?

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
I saw the Cobra Kai series in it's entirety last summer, and felt it was fantastic!. I wasn't sure if a "sequel" to the original films would work that well, but I was pleasantly surprised. Solid series, with 0 weak moments.

First, it was very interesting to see Johnny (William Z.) having fallen so far in life, to the point that you actually felt sorry for the character. One of my favorite scenes was near the beginning of Episode 1, when he hit on that gorgeous 20-something jogger; it was funny how she not only rejected him, but put him down (calling him a creep) - LOL. Johnny was obviously living in the past to a great extent, since those were his best memories - but the present had obviously caught up to him.

Conversely, Daniel (Macchio) was the opposite - a very successful businessman, who was trying to incorporate his old teachings with Mr. Miyagi into his car dealership re: giving the "bonzai trees" to everyone who bought a car - LOL.

Interesting that Johnny started the karate studio, and that his students were essentially the social rejects that he had looked down on when he was their age. Very ironic, but that was the whole point.

Being an '80's kid, I really liked the '80's rock/pop music - great homage to the original film & era.

Another favorite scene was when Daniel & Johnny were in the bar, and were both reminiscing about the Elizabeth Shue character (whom they had both dated). Daniel was obviously "following" her on Facebook, and it was funny how he knew so much about her, despite his insistence that he wasn't interested in her anymore - LOL.

I'm glad that Zabka & Macchio decided to make the show now. If they had waited 5-10 more years, I feel that they would have been too old for the role(s).

Looking forward to Season 2.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hey, Paul!

Welcome to the HTF. :welcome:

But I don't have the slightest idea what TV show you are talking about in your post (or what you mean by "four questions").

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Season 2 is up on Youtube Premium Now .. I Saw the first 2 episodes and They re awesome

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Just finished binging this season. Freaking awesome.

I'm guessing that season finale will divide people a lot, but I loved it. I was initially bummed that there was no
tournament, but all hell breaking loose at the school was incredible.

Poor Miguel.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Just finished binging this season. Freaking awesome.

I'm guessing that season finale will divide people a lot, but I loved it. I was initially bummed that there was no
tournament, but all hell breaking loose at the school was incredible.

Poor Miguel.

I watched Season 2 and then watched both Season 1 and 2. I followed that by watching the 3 original films. I think that Johnny Started off as the Bully but later on, Daniel Antagonized him becoming at fault himself (The Halloween night Fight was started because Daniel got Johnny wet with the water hose in the school restroom. Then later on in the Country Club scene in the first film, Johnny only laughs at Daniel about the Pasta all over him, He doesn't cause the problem) and these years later, every time Johnny and Daniel seem to get on the same page, Daniel screws it up by overreacting.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
And I'll put ten more on Johnny and Ali eventually working with Daniel to overthrow Kreese and Cobra Kai.

Remember Season 1 when Daniel and Johnny are drinking? Daniel tells Johnny he (Daniel) is happily married and and doesn't need to snooping around his ex's photos. I have a feeling Daniel and Amanda might not be so Happy into Season 3. It starts in the hospital in Season 2 and I expect that dynamic to continue

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Sorry if this already posted, but Cobra Kai will soon be available without subscription. Good news for me. I didn't see a YT subscription in my future, but with Cobra Kai free with ads, I might be able to give it a watch!

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/02/cobra-kai-season-3-renewed/
If you still haven’t checked out Cobra Kai — YouTube’s surprisingly wonderfulKarate Kid sequel series — pretty soon you’ll have no excuses left. The streaming service announced Thursday that not only will the half-hour martial arts dramedy be back for a third season in 2020, it will no longer require a paid subscription to watch.

Beginning this fall, all YouTube original programming will be available for free — with ads, of course. Season 2 of Cobra Kai will begin streaming for free starting Sept. 11, with one episode dropping each week. Season 1, however, will only be free for two weeks, from Aug. 29 to Sept. 11.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
okay, I am confused. Season2 is going to be free but only for 2 weeks?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
The details aren’t clear. It sounds like S2 will be free through its season. Or maybe each episode will be free for two weeks following release.

I’m not sure I’ll be able to watch S1 in two weeks. But I’ll try to remember to give it a shot.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Remember Season 1 when Daniel and Johnny are drinking? Daniel tells Johnny he (Daniel) is happily married and and doesn't need to snooping around his ex's photos. I have a feeling Daniel and Amanda might not be so Happy into Season 3. It starts in the hospital in Season 2 and I expect that dynamic to continue
You could be right. I hope you're wrong. I'm hoping that Cobra Kai is the problem with their marriage and if that can be dealt with, maybe they'll be okay. Of course, if Cobra Kai is dealt with, then you don't have a show. I personally hope Daniel and Ali don't get together. I hope Johnny, who has already matured greatly over two seasons, matures more with Ali around and maybe they get together.

I’m not sure I’ll be able to watch S1 in two weeks. But I’ll try to remember to give it a shot.
The shows are 30 minutes or less each, and there's only ten shows per season, so at least you might have a fighting chance. IMO, it's so good (I was giggling constantly) that you might get sucked in and finish it off quicker than you think.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You could be right. I hope you're wrong. I'm hoping that Cobra Kai is the problem with their marriage and if that can be dealt with, maybe they'll be okay. Of course, if Cobra Kai is dealt with, then you don't have a show. I personally hope Daniel and Ali don't get together. I hope Johnny, who has already matured greatly over two seasons, matures more with Ali around and maybe they get together..

I hope I am wrong also. I talked about that on my youtube channel. I also addressed something I do not want to see Continue and one thing I didnt care for was the Sting Ray Character. I found his actions in the Season 2 finale annoying. Hopefully he will be gotten rid of quietly. He is to Cobra Kai what Jar Jar Binks was to the Star Wars Prequels in my opinion. A grown man beating up teen agers? and what of Kreese? While we didnt see it on screen, it is implied that he hit Dimitri

One thing I would like to see is Someone from Kreese's Past come in. Terry Silver? Mike Barnes? Maybe one of them will have mellowed out and try to get through to Kreese? ..I suspect we will eventually see Mike barnes. Remember in Season one when Johnny gets fired from his Maintenance Job? Hes talking to his Boss on the phone and he says "you are going to pay me what you owe me Mike"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks