What's new

Cobra Kai (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
With regards to Anthony "LaPusso," is he a clone of Steve from Stranger Things, who himself is a clone of Jean-Ralphio from Parks & Rec? I can see a "douchey Ital-bro" evolutionary timeline of them.

I definitely see some AJ of the Sopranos in him.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Best line of Cobra Kai Season 4 episode 1: "Please thank Cheyenne for the tofu."
😂

Robert Mark Kamen was on record stating he was against making that film. It made Silver look like a baffoon who knew Karate. Now with him in this season, that’s better explained

That explains Silver's roundhouse kick to the "Kamen" bottle of wine?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I just finished Episode 5. I think the teen conflict / drama continues to play the weakest for me, but obviously I'm well outside the target audience for that storyline. I had my doubts about bringing Terry Silver back, but the character and the performance by Thomas Ian Griffith has been a pleasant surprise and even becoming welcome change from the scenes involving the students.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I just watched season 4 episode 4 and I think I'm out. The writing and acting is just so bad and I feel like all the story arcs are just retreads at this point. Season 1 was more focused and the nostalgia of it made up for the shortcomings but that can only go so far.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I just watched season 4 episode 4 and I think I'm out. The writing and acting is just so bad and I feel like all the story arcs are just retreads at this point. Season 1 was more focused and the nostalgia of it made up for the shortcomings but that can only go so far.
Thats true But I Do think we are getting past that. The writers have done an outstanding job and they even managed to clean up some stuff from the films (Ali not appearing in Karate Kid II and Terry Silver in Karate Kid III for example) I am waiting for Seasons 3 and 4 to drop on I tunes. Season 3 was released on DVD and it was hinted that Season 4 would be also

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That trailer tells me Terry Silver is trying to take Daniel's Business and not just his Dojo. The new locations Silver opened look a lot like former Auto Showrooms

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Easter Egg alert

in the beginning of episode, the small whiteboard in the background of the apartment has Doc Brown’s original sketch of the Flux Capacitor

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
On the third episode. So far it's like something I'm eating that I don't really like the taste of, but I can't stop chewing. 😅

My comment seems even more fitting after the blatant Olive Garden product placement. 😅

Seriously though, the best parts of the show are when Daniel and Johnny are working together.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Finished the season today. I realized there is sort of this strange dichotomy where the teen stuff seems very geared for a teen audience and then the occasional f-bomb shocks you out of that mode. I'm not sure why I'm just now noticing this since I think this is how it's been since the beginning.

As for the season, it was fine but I don't think as strong as the last one. I haven't searched whether there is going to be a sixth season, but I think it would be fine if it all ended here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation730
Recent bookmarks