What's new

Closeness of sub to speaker(s) (1 Viewer)

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator
How close can a subwoofer be to a speaker without losing that speaker? I have a few different setups I can do.
One would involve the Subwoofer directly under the center channel speaker, about 12 inches apart.
The other setup would involve the subwoofer right next to the left rear surround speaker. With my configuration of my room, I'm not exactly sure what the best setup is. I also don't really know how to explain the setup without pictures. I'll work on the pictures, but in the meantime any info and thoughts would be great.
Thanks

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sub should be in a corner ideally, next would be along one wall at least, but it really depends on the shape, size, construction of and what't in the room. Proximity to another speaker should not be an issue really, unless there might be some magnetic interference.

WayneO

Supporting Actor
My sub is literally right behind my right main speaker with no problems, and I have an SVS PB2+ which is almost bigger than it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks