What's new

Clones or Extended LOTR? Which one will you listen first? (1 Viewer)

Levesque

Supporting Actor
I got only 3 hours tonight, and got both new DVD, LOTR Extended and Star Wars II. I'm torn apart! I can only watch one tonight, then it will go to saturday only.

Which one first? It's not a poll. Just help me make this tough choice! LOL!!!

Jason Guardiano

Stunt Coordinator
That's a tough one :frowning:
I have a good 6-8 hours open for these two
Depends if you want a full experience of one or the other or you want to go the 'sample' route and see part(s) of each.
You can fit AotC and some extras in 3 hours but FotR ext will break your time limit
Good luck :):emoji_thumbsup:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yeah...this is easy. LotR EE is 3.5 hours long. You only have 3 hours available to you.

It's Star Wars, man!

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I wish i had the problem. My dvd's havent come yet. But sw is supposed to come today and LOTR:extended tommorow

capt

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
If I only had 3 hours, I'd take it easy and just check out the extras on both. But if you want to see a movie, then you should go with AOTC, unless you want to see only part of LOTR: EE.

NickFoley

Stunt Coordinator
AOTC clones first and foremost. Cant wait to experience it again. 107 minutes to go........ :)

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I'm going with AOTC, mainly because I've watched my LOTR theatrical cut disc fifty times already and haven't seen CLONES since June. Can't wait, glad I have the day off(which means I'll probably end up watching both anyway).

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
I can say I am in the same boat as Larry S. Since I've seen FotR recently, I will watch Starwars. Plus I don't know what to expect from the Starwars transfer. Every Reviewer says the best things about it, but in my mind "how good can it be?" of course I am gonna be so glad to say "okay they were right." Oh well. My choice... Episode II! Of course right after that is FotR for me anyway. ;) It's a good thing I took this whole week/past weekend as well off for vacation! I was able to watch all of Band of Brothers.. (in the span of one day), today SW and FotR. Tomorrow, all the extras. The next day, we'll see which one I want to pop in again!

Levesque

Supporting Actor
It's like choosing between a blonde and a brunette... I let your imagination choose which one is which tough...

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
i didn't read many of the reviews in regards to the audio on ATOC, assuming it was going to be defacto incredible.
imo, it really sucks. the LFE is waaaaaay overdone. the soundtrack is near constantly booming making for a pretty unpleasant audi experience , at least on my set-up.
while conversly, the seismic charge sequence seems muted.
usually i find the dvd at home to provide a more satisfying audio presentation than in the movie theater, but in this case, i found the disc very disappointing.
shame too 'cause i just upgraded all my components

i'm sure i'll be in the minority here

ChristopherS

Second Unit
i'm sure i'll be in the minority here
I really doubt there will be many people agreeing with you in this thread simply because that there are two huge threads discussing the AOTC DVD already.
In regards to the original post, as you only have three-hours I guess your stuck watching AOTC! ;)
Chris

Randall Z

Stunt Coordinator
Clones for me. Like others have said, I've seen the theatrical release of FOTR several times recently. AOTC will be a new experience. Also, I want to see if the quality is all that everyone has said that it is.

BarryS

Second Unit
I'm watching Attack of the Clones. I saw Fellowship of the Ring: Extended Version on Friday night (I work at a video store and got it early), and I saw the theatrical version two days earlier, so I'm gonna give Tolkien a little break and go for Lucas. I haven't seen Attack of the Clones since I saw it at the theater in June. I'm really looking forward to my second viewing as I loved AOTC. A masterpiece it isn't, it's certainly nowhere near the quality of Fellowship of the Ring, but I love Star Wars.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I popped in Clones first, just to demo a few scenes for myself, but tonight I will be watching LOTR:EV :D
I did not find the LFE to be hot at all, rather it was much like the Episode 1. The video is simply amazing, I was very impressed at how good it looked, as Ron noted in his review. WOW!
LOTR ES track, however, seemed to have a noticable reduction in LFE vs the very hot EX version. Now that I've watched the standard version so many times, I have to say that I grew acustomed to some of the extra bass in certain scenes. Listening to the ES track was odd, but it sounds more "correct" to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks