What's new

Clones or Extended LOTR? Which one will you listen first? (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I'll be watching FOTR EE! Of course I will pop in AOTC just to hear/feel the scene with the famous "BOINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GG" as Chris so elequently put. :D

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
By no stretch of imagination was AOTC the better movie...visually it is very impressive, sound is excellent, but as a whole, this movie was not exactly up there with the best, or even some of my favorites. It is definitely better than Episode 1 though. It's a popcorn movie to me (I don't mean that in a bad way)
LOTR has an unquestionably excellent story, great sound and spectacular cinematography. There's no question in my mind which is better. Someone mentioned it being a new experience, well with the extra 30min, I believe LOTR:EV will be a new experience. :D

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
CLONES, as I want to sit back Saturday, pop numerous bags of popcorn, and enjoy RINGS (didn't buy the 1st edition, wanting to wait) at a leasurely rate. As I noted in the other thread, 24 is on tonight (non-TIVO owner here:angry: ), and I have a very narrow time frame between when I get my hands on CLONES and 24. I won't tape 24, I need that "real time" feel.

Charles M Berry

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a student and dont have to go to work like a normal person. Nor do I have to go to classes, if I don't want to. :D So, I got up at 8:30 and purchased AOTC and LOTR:EE at 9:00. I then watched all of SW and most of LOTR. At about 2:00 I ventured back out of my dorm room and went to work.
What a day!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Lord of the Clones. Thats the ticket laddie!;)
Watch the blooper reel easter egg on Clones, and wonder how many times Hayden must have tripped over his Jedi shoelaces during shooting, watch as Natalie falls off something and flashes some leg, that should have been left in the film for gawds sake Geroge!!, watch Natalie laugh her ass off as Hayden falls over the umpteenth time (tripping over a girls dress).
On the other hand watch the mtv spoof easter egg on Rings and laugh as Jack Black drops his trousers in front of the Council of Elrond, watch their reaction, I fell off my chair...:D
SIGNATURE SNAPSHOT OF NATALIE FALLING OVER REMOVED

Adam Horak

Stunt Coordinator
One word:
BOINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GG
That scene was actually really subdued compared to the rest of the mix IMO. The opening scenes with Padmes ship flying toward Corusant had ALOT more bass. The whole mix just seems unbalanced to me. There seem to be some scenes that have waaaay to much bass, and some not nearly enough (like the BOING)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
On the other hand watch the mtv spoof easter egg on Rings and laugh as Jack Black drops his trousers in front of the Council of Elrond, watch their reaction, I fell off my chair...
Any hints, Steve, as to where these eggs are at? I've been too busy scouring the internet for bargain prices to go on an egg-hunt! :D

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
I'm gonna check out both of them later tonight, just watch the first 5 mins of each wearing headphones... I'll most likely watch LOTR Part 1 tomorrow and Part 2 thursday and Star Wars on Saturday.

I hope the neighbors will stay silent, I got a complaint on Men With Brooms (Those Curling Stones make a lot of bass when they hit eachother!) so I lowered my sub to -3 (0 on my Receiver's dial was the recommended 85dB on the SPL) so just to be safe, I'll put it to -5 for these 2 movies...

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Adam H,
i totally agree with you.
i didn't actually watch the whole thing, just stepped thru each chapter and played some significant scenes.
i too found the seismic charge sequence to be really muted.
very disappointing.
that should have been the sonic high point of the disc and just comes across very anemic and limp.
while on the other hand some pretty innocuous stuff is given this way over the top low end.
very unbalanced.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
I did AOTC simply cause my LOTR gift set has not arrived. On a side note I thought my $9.99 TRU AOTC dvd's bass was fine, and I am a bass lover.
THANKS to DAVID LAMBERT for POSTING THE TRU $9.99 AOTC DVD SPECIAL!!
Thank You David! :):emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Bolivar G

Second Unit
I have not seen AOTC yet. What is this Boinnngggg refference everyone keeps talking about? I also bought AOTC for $9.99 , priced matched at Circuit City. Will be watching the movie tommorrow, no time tonight. And I have not recieved my 5 disc box set of LOTR yet from bestbuy.com Got that set for $29 shipped with my 25 dollar digital coupon for buying band of brothers.

StevenJ

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I watched AOTC first because the first time I saw LOTR I didn't like too much. I do have both AOTC and LOTR Extended.

I am currently watching the cast commentary on LOTR to see if I like it better.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Todd, you're welcome, but as I've already posted elsewhere, I don't deserve all of the credit. In fact, HTFer Jeffrey Mercado brought this thing to my attention; share the love with him! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks