What's new

Clones or Extended LOTR? Which one will you listen first? (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Any hints, Steve, as to where these eggs are at?
From DVD Angle....

"A couple of Easter Eggs are also included on the set. Showing that the filmmakers can laugh at themselves, an alternative version of the Council of Elrond (non-anamorphic 2.35:1 widescreen, Dolby Digital 2.0), as originally shown on the MTV Movie Awards, can be accessed on Disc 1 by clicking down while highlighting Chapter 27. This 3½-minute spoof is a great bonus that features Jack Black and Sarah Michelle Gellar cut into scenes from The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. Also available on Disc 2 by clicking down while highlighting the "48" on the right side (while located in the last selection screen), is the 4-minute trailer for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (anamorphic 2.35:1 widescreen, Dolby Digital 5.1) that was shown in theaters at the tail-end of the theatrical run of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring."

Adam Horak

Stunt Coordinator
That's funny. To me the DVD sound mix was just as I remembered in the theatrical showings I've attended.
It may be the same as was in the theater. I only saw it in the theater during opening week. Its been a long time, so I dont really remember how it sounded. I guess I would just have to say that I disagree with the mix as a whole then. There were a few scenes were I was bracing myself because I thought there would be a huge bass effect, only to find virtually nothing in the LFE. Then there were other times that seemed like there were a bunch of totally uneeded LFE effects.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Neither! They were resurfacing the parking lots at my apartment complex and that prevented them from delivering mail yesterday, thus they won't come until today!
Of all the days to be doing this...:angry:

Brian Kaz

Second Unit
I think people have been under the impression that the "BWAAANGGGG" sound (as I call it) has massive bass. You know, like it went from zero sound to total sonic annihilation. However, in the 5 times I saw it at the show (each at a different theater or screen) it pretty much sounds like it does on the DVD.

It's just a really cool sound.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
Bought 'em both yesterday and planned to watch LOTR first since I hadn't seen any version of it since last December. BUT I didn't have over 3 hours to spare, so I put in AOTC instead. The blooper reel alone was worth the choice. Funny, funny stuff!

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Watched LOTR last night. Wow what a nice edition. So much more added and the DTS mix is definately smoother than the DD on the 2 disc (didn't check the DD on the EE yet). And holy cow, talk about an unexpected continuous burst of rumble during the council meeting. I was not expecting that! Then had to watch the MTV spoof. LOL, I'll never look at the one Ring the same again.

AOTC tonight though. I did play the "BOINGGGGG" scene though and it does sound pretty close to how I remember it in the theatre. It is just one giant guitar string gone berserk! Love it!

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Easy! I would have definitely picked The Fellowship of the Ring DC, because you couldn't have paid me to buy AOTC!!
:D
Dan

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Hm, I took two days off of work to immerse myself in FOTR. I did so, and still have 2 commentaries to go.....
AOTC is still in the shrinkwrap.
So I guess you have my vote. :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Richard, you said "I tried but all it did was go back to the chapter 28(I think) listing".
That means you're clicking down from the "Chapter 48" listing in the center of the screen.
That works on Disc 1, with "Chapter 27". But on Disc 2, you perform that manuever with "Chapter 48" from the listing on the RIGHT.
Remember: Disc 1, center. Disc 2, right.
Steve, thanks for the easter eggs. VERY enjoyable. Oh, and that Jack Black fellow? He ain't right! :laugh:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Can anyone clarify this? I tried but all it did was go back to the chapter 28(I think) listing.
Richard I'm trying to remember what I did, while on "48" click right and down, and a symbol of the two towers should appear at the bottom of the screen, than click on it and thats it.
David, "its a gift!":D

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
The Jack Black thing was hilarious---especially the intercutting of Frodo looking increasingly sick! :laugh:

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Steve and David, you were right, I was doing it in the center and not the right hand side of the screen. THe two towers picture came up and I was in heaven. Thanks for the help. Both of those Easter Eggs are great.
Now if only the Spider-man DVD had the Jack Black parody as well, I would be totally stoked!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks