What's new

Clerks: The Animated Series DVD (1 Viewer)

John Randolph

Stunt Coordinator
Could someone please give me their opinion of each episode? It can be very brief (even just a - out of 10 or a - out or 4). Thanks a lot!

-John

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I was actually watching these last night, I like the cartoon series quite a bit.
I thought the weakest Episode (but still funny) was the Pilot Episode. But it did give us the "Why are we walking like this" gag :laugh:. I liked Episode 5 the most, where we have the Indy gags and Dante's little league team. As Jeff said they're all funny, you shouldn't be disappointed if your a Smith fan - especially with the extras that are provided.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the animated series is great (and dirt cheap too... you can get it at Best Buy for $14.99). Jay and Silent Bob are also in little bits between the episodes (or you can go directly to each episode) that are very funny (I like Jay naming off words he couldn't say on TV :) )
Get it! :D

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
episode 2 (trapped in freezer) and episode 4 (courtroom drama) were by far the best. It's no coincidence that these were the only episodes ever broadcast on TV. All of them are watchable though, and the commentary is great.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I second Matt's above mentioned opinions. The commentary is excellent. I couldn't really pick a favorite episode, they were all pretty good. Oh, I just remembered, the commentary has some great anecdotes about Director Han (one of the animators). "I KEEL YOU KEVIN SMEETH!"

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, well if I absolutely had to rate them, I'd say they'd go in the order..

4(courtroom)-Just so many great gags in this one
2(freezer)-but only if you saw the first episode
6(the fair)-I love the chaos of this one-and the ending is great
1(pilot)-Solid episode
3(outbreak)-good, but not up to the caliber of the others
5(little League)-thought this one was a little weaker, but I liked some of the jokes.

All of them make for a great package though-and I've watched them a lot since I got the disc. Just one of those things that almost nobody saw when it was on TV, but that everyone that comes by enjoys.

Travis D

Second Unit
Courtroom is by far the funniest. I showed this to 3 of my friends and we had to stop the DVD because all of them were rolling on the floor from the "animation changeover". All of them are great. This is my only blind purchase ever and I don't regret it at all.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I love the Outbreak episode for the McDonald Land costumes.
Police Chief (Big Mac):"Now are there any questions?"
Reporter: "Will the Hamburglar ever be brought to justice?"
Chief: "No, I mean.. Yes. Are there there any questions about the virus?"
Steve Dave: "Will the virus pose a threat to the Grimmace?"
Chief: "No. Nothing can harm the Grimmace."
:D :D :D :D
They're all great and I love the fact that Charles Barkley was in every one (except the final episode, right?).

Tom Boucher

Second Unit
Real Name
Tom
I liked the movies a lot more. I've not watched them more than once and it was when it first came out. I can see why it was cancelled.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I second everyone's recommendations (aside from Tom, that is)...it was a great series. I've watched them 3 or 4 times, and they never fail to crack me up. Commentaries are fantastic too.

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
They're all at least 8 on a 10 scale. Any series that has flashbacks in the 2nd episode deserves to live forever. I love this set.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
I have to second Nick's opinion on episode 5. The greatest (and only) mix of both Temple of Doom and The Last Starfighter ever in an animation spoof. It also has a very cruel Bad News Bears scene at the end. Randall's funniest episode!

-Lyle J.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks