What's new

Classic Edward G Ulmer Collection Sci-Fi classics a 3-Fer from KL - (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
From one of the Kings of Drive-In classics Edward G. Ulmer comes a fun 3-fer from his "House of Cheddar"!!! The fun 1950s "Man from Planet X" added to 1960s "Beyond the Time Barrier" and 1960s "The Amazing Transparent Man". Salated for 3/29/22, not yet available for pre-order yet, but keep your eyes open. So. far here's the info from KL- This collection features three sci-fi shockers directed by the sensational Edgar G. Ulmer (The Black Cat, Detour). THE MAN FROM PLANET X (1950) – On the coast of Scotland, where there’s enough fog to hide an alien landing, an astronomer discovers that one has actually occurred. But it’s soon realized that the creature, the “Man from Planet X,” has definite plans—not for friendship, but for domination—unleashing “out-of-this-world” havoc on the villagers!

BEYOND THE TIME BARRIER (1960) – In 1960, U.S. Air Force Major William Allison pilots the X80 jet, which is capable of speeds up to 5,000 miles an hour and reaching heights of more than 100 miles above Earth. Upon nearly reaching outer space, Allison is unaware that the X80’s tremendous velocity has propelled him through a time barrier and into the post-apocalyptic year of 2024. He soon finds himself held captive in an underground city known as the Citadel, whose inhabitants have been menaced by mutants and a deadly virus. Now Allison must find a way to return to the past and warn humanity of impending disaster.

THE AMAZING TRANSPARENT MAN (1960) – In this pulse-pounding sci-fi classic, safecracker Joey Faust is snatched out of prison and made invisible with an atomic ray gun, apparently—and transparently—for the sole purpose of stealing nuclear fuel for a villain named Krenner and his beautiful moll Laura. But when Faust realizes his radiation-generated new look is slowly poisoning him, the tables are quickly turned, and his simple heist could now become the decade’s most horrifying nuclear nightmare of vengeance!

Blu-ray Extras Include:
Brand New 2K Masters for BEYOND THE TIME BARRIER and THE AMAZING TRANSPARENT MAN | Audio Commentary for THE MAN FROM PLANET X by Film Historians Tom Weaver, David Schecter, Dr. Robert J. Kiss and Filmmaker Joe Dante

Audio Commentary for THE MAN FOR PLANET X by Film Historian Gary D. Rhodes and Arianne Ulmer Cipes (Edgar G. Ulmer's Daughter)

NEW Audio Commentary for THE MAN FROM PLANET X by Film Historian Richard Harland Smith

NEW Audio Commentary for BEYOND THE TIME BARRIER by Film Historians Tom Weaver, David Schecter and Gary D. Rhodes

NEW Audio Commentary for THE AMAZING TRANSPARENT MAN by Film Historian David Del Valle

Theatrical Trailers for All Three Films

Optional English Subtitles

Attachments

• 738329258214.jpg
    738329258214.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 57

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Since Shout put out in ‘17 TMFPX, I guess that’s why no new scan. I can’t wait for the other two. Everyone that collects sci-fi should have this for their collection...I know I will!
I love these science fiction classics. They are so innocent in their views, I love with the Beyond the Time Barrier all the women are in high heels and short skirts, lol!!!

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
From one of the Kings of Drive-In classics Edward G. Ulmer comes a fun 3-fer from his "House of Cheddar"!!! The fun 1950s "Man from Planet X" added to 1960s "Beyond the Time Barrier" and 1960s "The Amazing Transparent Man". Salated for 3/29/22, not yet available for pre-order yet, but keep your eyes open. So. far here's the info from KL- This collection features three sci-fi shockers directed by the sensational Edgar G. Ulmer (The Black Cat, Detour). THE MAN FROM PLANET X (1950) – On the coast of Scotland, where there’s enough fog to hide an alien landing, an astronomer discovers that one has actually occurred. But it’s soon realized that the creature, the “Man from Planet X,” has definite plans—not for friendship, but for domination—unleashing “out-of-this-world” havoc on the villagers!

BEYOND THE TIME BARRIER (1960) – In 1960, U.S. Air Force Major William Allison pilots the X80 jet, which is capable of speeds up to 5,000 miles an hour and reaching heights of more than 100 miles above Earth. Upon nearly reaching outer space, Allison is unaware that the X80’s tremendous velocity has propelled him through a time barrier and into the post-apocalyptic year of 2024. He soon finds himself held captive in an underground city known as the Citadel, whose inhabitants have been menaced by mutants and a deadly virus. Now Allison must find a way to return to the past and warn humanity of impending disaster.

THE AMAZING TRANSPARENT MAN (1960) – In this pulse-pounding sci-fi classic, safecracker Joey Faust is snatched out of prison and made invisible with an atomic ray gun, apparently—and transparently—for the sole purpose of stealing nuclear fuel for a villain named Krenner and his beautiful moll Laura. But when Faust realizes his radiation-generated new look is slowly poisoning him, the tables are quickly turned, and his simple heist could now become the decade’s most horrifying nuclear nightmare of vengeance!

Blu-ray Extras Include:
Brand New 2K Masters for BEYOND THE TIME BARRIER and THE AMAZING TRANSPARENT MAN | Audio Commentary for THE MAN FROM PLANET X by Film Historians Tom Weaver, David Schecter, Dr. Robert J. Kiss and Filmmaker Joe Dante

Audio Commentary for THE MAN FOR PLANET X by Film Historian Gary D. Rhodes and Arianne Ulmer Cipes (Edgar G. Ulmer's Daughter)

NEW Audio Commentary for THE MAN FROM PLANET X by Film Historian Richard Harland Smith

NEW Audio Commentary for BEYOND THE TIME BARRIER by Film Historians Tom Weaver, David Schecter and Gary D. Rhodes

NEW Audio Commentary for THE AMAZING TRANSPARENT MAN by Film Historian David Del Valle

Theatrical Trailers for All Three Films

Optional English Subtitles
I just got my copy of this and must admit, the movies are nice and crisp and shadowy when warrented. I wasn't thrilled with full screen but can live with it. What stood out in this release for me were the plethera of fun and informative commentaries attached to these films. One featuriing Ulmer's daughter giving her thoughts on the films, she was constantly on the set while these films were being made. So she literilly was part of the unofficial crew...all and all, I nice addition to anyones collection!!

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I thought only Planet X was Academy ratio (as it should be). Reviews say the other two are widescreen (as they were shown in theaters).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks