What's new

Classe SSP-25 (1 Viewer)

Neville

Grip
I have a chance to purchase a 1 year old Classe SSP-25 from my local dealer. He says the previous owner upgraded to a Krell system. He is asking $1800 for the system.

I would be replacing an older Carver HR-875 integrated receiver with this and pairing it with an Outlaw 750. Speakers a Krix fronts and Energy rears.

I have heard very good things about this unit, but I don't know if $1800 is still a little high for this unit.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Justin Doring

Screenwriter
Although the SSP-25 is a superb sounding pre/pro (it sounds better than the Krell in stereo IMO), $1800 is way too much. The SSP-50 is going for around $2000 these days on the used market, and it listed for $6500 a year or two ago! The used pre/pro market is soft, and buyers who don't absolutely have to have the latest DTS-ES and DD-EX formats can get a high-end processor for the price of a mid-level receiver.

Serge Breton

Supporting Actor
you can buy a classe ssp 25 on the used market for $1300-$1400 at todays prices. I don't believe there are going any further upgrades to this piece in the future but if you are satisfied with 5.1 and value excellent 2 channel performance then this may be the preamp/processor for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks