What's new

Clapton and Winwood at MSG (1 Viewer)

LewB

Screenwriter
I'm going to the show on Monday and wonder if anyone has heard anything about possible material (other than Blind Faith) or surprise guests ?

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
I'm trying to get a last minute cheap ticket, would love to go to the show but tickets are so freakin expensive, hopefully I'll be able to make it Thursday. Let us know how the Monday show is

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I see they did Dear Mr. Fantasy. Does anyone know if they had a harp player also? I have the latest Clapton Crossroads DVD which also features Steve Winwood. Dear Mr. Fantasy is done without a harp and IMHO, it is missed.

LewB

Screenwriter
No harp, no backup singers and no horns.
Minimalist old school rock, Guitars, bass, drums and keyboards.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
20 songs? Not bad for EC. I've seen him before and while he rocked the house, the show was WAY short for the price paid.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff

Sounds cool, but I guess I just prefer the older school original version with the harp. Thanks.

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
Listening to it right now. What a show!! How did they know to do Them Changes? Did they know that Buddy was about to leave us?

Miles

Second Unit
Wow... I hoped they filmed it as they did with the Cream concert. I'd love to see/hear that in HD.

BTW a great cover of Dear Mr. Fantasy was done by Big Sugar, if you have a chance check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks