What's new

CIVIL WAR lip sync problems in the 5.1? (1 Viewer)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Go to disc 5, episode 9, chapter 4, about :40 minutes in. This should be the Symington interview clip. This, and some three other Shelby Foote clips in this episode (and one in episode 2), I found to have a very badly sync'd 5.1 track, totally goofed up. Has anyone else seen this? (The 2-channel track appears to be fine, but I want my 5.1...)
Also, is anyone else bothered by the shakey images in the first couple of episodes, as well as all the digital artifacting (the jumpy sun in some of those great tracking sunset shots)?
I don't know... I watched all 11 hours yesterday, and I think that the restoration touted in the little documentary falls far short of what they make it out to be. Anyone else bothered by these things? Bad 5.1 track? Send it back get another one?
Any feedback would be appreciated.
MC
PS - I did a search for a CIVIL WAR problems thread and didn't find one, but if I'm covering pre-trod territory please feel free to move this around. Thanks!

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
A lot of other people have run into that problem, too. I returned my original copy and the replacement had the same problem.

We need an address to let WHV know about this so they can offer a solution.

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian McHale
I don't have this set yet, but I did see a review where they talked about this problem: Current Film
I guess I would be tempted to ask the question: does 5.1 really add much to a presentation like this? While they should have been able to get this right, this is not ezactly a special effects laden Sci-Fi epic. Is the 5.1 mix (problems aside) all that much better than the 2.0?

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I guess I would be tempted to ask the question: does 5.1 really add much to a presentation like this? While they should have been able to get this right, this is not ezactly a special effects laden Sci-Fi epic. Is the 5.1 mix (problems aside) all that much better than the 2.0?
To be honest, not that much. The sound is a little more agressive in 5.1 but the 2.0 soundtrack is nothing to sneeze at.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
But... I paid a lot of money for this 5.1 track. Don't I want it to be perfect?
Yes, I agree, but until WHV elects to do something about replacing it, we are kind of stuck.

Take it back and get it replaced. If that doesn't help, let the people there know there is a problem. It's not going to get fixed until someone makes some noise...

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Me. I always have to be the squeaky wheel. :frowning:
I am in a totally complaining mood today.
MC

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.