What's new

Looking for assistance on sync issues- reference discs & scenes- Denon AVR X1600H (1 Viewer)

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
I recently purchased a Denon AVR-X1600H. I previously had a 1906 which had no HDMI inputs, etc. so I thought it was time for an upgrade. The problem is nothing looks in sync to me. I'm using high-speed HDMI cables and eventually gave up and have nearly all my devices plugged into the TV and am using the TV HDMI out to the receiver as the problem seems less bad that way. I've tried auto mode, direct, pure direct, with lip sync correction and without, and adjusting the milliseconds as well, and the more I mess around the more things look off. It's gotten to the point, that I'm so far down the rabbit hole, that nothing looks in sync, not youtube videos on my computer or anything else.

Does anyone have any recommendations for discs, DVD and/or blu ray or even streaming versions, as I need to fix all inputs for scenes/ sequences which are ideal to use to adjust sync?

I'm this close to just saying screw it, and re-installing my previous received and returning the new model, as what was supposed to be a fun upgrade has turned into a complete headache.

Thanks!

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Darren,

Lip sync settings should make it pretty easy to dial this in. I use this for my audio sync adjustment:

Just play the video and adjust your sync settings until the ball bounces as the sound hits.
You may also want to verify the settings on your TV. It might have very high HDMI input lag, in which case you can turn on game mode or similar to reduce that.

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
Any recommendations for blu ray or DVD clips or scenes? The youtube video will work for my TV and my streaming devices like Roku, but not for my physical disc player which has no wifi capability.

Darren Gross

Supporting Actor
Thanks Dave! These were a great help and I think I've got it all sorted now. Thanks again everybody!

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
I'm in a similar boat - the more you mess with it, the worse it seems to get. I'll give these a go....thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks