What's new

Cingular Cell Phone Plans Not Offered Everywhere? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
We have just moved from FL to AR and just got around to going into a Cingulair store to have our cell numbers changed from FL to AR numbers. I know this is not stricly required, but we wanted AR numbers.

We were informed the Nation 450 plan we had was no longer available and would have to sign up for the 700 plan for another $10. I balked at that and we left the store.

I went online and found that the 450 plan is available, in FL. It's available in CA too. But not in AR. So why does AR get the smaller selection and thusly, the higher price? Yeah, I know, more minutes, but we don't use the minutes we already have.

Do they have to build a factory in AR to manufacture the 450 plan?:) It seems to me that Cingulair just decided to charge AR customers more.

I'm also left wondering if there were going to be some fees just for changing our numbers. Seems like their attitude is take it or leave it. Once our contract expires, I will be looking at a new provider.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Something else costs more here in Maumelle, AR. In FL we used to get a Dominos pizza (large handtossed, half peperroni and pineapple/half mushrooms, onion, bell pepper) for about $14-15, here in AR its $18+.

I guess they've got to make up for the lower gas prices.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I'll place my bet on the Cingular employee trying to get more money out of you. If the plan was no longer available Cingular would have contacted you to advise of the change.

Secondly, we called to get the number changed to a local area code when we moved and they wanted something like $75. So we stayed with our number. Thing is, we still forget to dial the area code when we're calling somewhere local. :)

-paul

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
No, it does seem like a regional thing. I checked the website, the plans offered are different depending on the state.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Doesn't that mean it is a regional issue? There is in-consistent pricing from state to state.

BTW, when the employee told us our plan wasn't available in AR, she said it must have been a protional thing when we got our FL plan. Since its still available there, it clearly is not a promotional thing.

We have DirecTV and the rates didn't change between AR & FL.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's a regional thing. There's nothing making companies operate exactly the same in all 50 states. Economics drives their decisions to offer certain plans in different locations/states.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks