What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Check out this movie trailer (1 Viewer)

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Given the lackluster response to my first two movies (a combined 180 hits on YouTube last time I checked), I've decided to hype up my next movie with a teaser trailer. I am hoping to have the final product ready by the end of the month. Constructive criticism welcome!
YouTube - Three Little Pigs teaser trailer

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
Thanks! I wonder why it is taking long to load. Maybe I should reduce the picture quality a little.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
So the movie is you and your kids putting on a puppet show?
I'm not sure if I'm missing something here. You have posted to youtube, essentially a home video of you and your kids and you wonder why it hasn't gone viral yet?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I don't think that makes a difference, since YouTube reencodes everything at their bitrate with their Flash codec anyway. Some YouTube servers have been really slow all year; maybe you just got one of the bad ones.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
As Richard said, it's just has that home video feel to it, unless that is your intention.

What kind of editing software are you using? If you have a color curves tool, a simple yet huge improvement, can be made by creating an "S" shape out of the curve to your preference.

Get some photoflood light bulbs and some worklight lamps from Home Depot to support those bulbs.

~T

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I'm using MSN Movie Maker 2. I'm not sure if that has a color curves tool, is that something I can download?

Thanks for the tips about lighting, I will try that out. I am not trying to pass these off as great works of art, these are mainly done for fun, although I am learning a bit about the editing process. It was interesting trying to synch up the sound with the title animation.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
In addition to the comments on lighting and color correction, I think that you are going down the wrong path by using Beethoven’s 5th in the title sequence, followed by cute kids.

Those opening notes represent high drama—cute kids don’t.

My load time was very fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks