What's new

Cheapest DVD prices online? (1 Viewer)

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Can anyone recommend a site that compares the best prices on the net for DVD? I remember seeing something like that after a DVD review one time but I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

btw...I am looking for a good deal on the 1998 From the Earth to the Moon miniseries set.

AlexHL

Stunt Coordinator
FYI: Pricesearch doesn't list DVDPacific, which is one of the cheapest (and IMHO best) online shops around.

Phil_La

Stunt Coordinator
deepdiscountdvd is definitely the best. www.dvdplanet.com currently has great deals on all criterion dvds, even cheaper than deepdiscountdvd. They have free shipping on orders over $30 (or $25)? And if you register a new account, you get a $3 off coupon code.

So right now, I use dvdplanet for criterions, and ddd for just about everything else. amazon.com sellers once in a while have something cheaper than ddd, but you have to factor in shipping ($2.50 for a single dvd) and look into the sellers feedback and make sure they dont sell junk.

here's dvdplanet's criterion link: http://www.dvdplanet.com/criterion/criterion.asp

SteveK

Supporting Actor
I've been very pleased so far with "DV2", a new movie club from Columbia House. I know that CH often gets a bad rap, but DV2 is different. It has no automatic selections, and shipping is free. Prices are always 40% off or more. They don't have the selection offered by Deep Discount, but their prices are usually (but not always) slightly lower than DDD, particularly for sets. The only minor catch is they have a $10 yearly fee (presumably to cover the costs of mailing the flyers) and do have a commitment of buying one title per year.

I've been very pleased with them the few months I've been a member. I do always check DDD just in case they have a better deal, but so far DV2 almost always beats DDD. I'm very impressed so far.

Happy savings!

Steve K.

Mark Philp

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
I've found out from experience that always going for the lowest price isn't the best thing to do. It's simply not worth it to me to go through all the hassles you read about on this forum just to save a dollar. I usually use Deep Discount DVD and DVD Empire. They have really good prices which sometimes are the lowest and sometimes not. They always treat me well and I've never had a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks