What's new

Where Are the 8 MILE 4K Reviews? (1 Viewer)

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Does anyone know why there haven't been any reviews on the recent release of 8 Mile on 4K Blu-ray? I ordered it, and it's on its way, but for the life of me, I can't seem to find any online reviews of this title -- does Universal have an embargo on this or something?

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
I guess no one wanted to review it. :/
Honestly, that makes no sense; no matter how a reviewer working for an enthusiast site like this one, Blu-ray.com or Hi Def Digest feels about a title, they are responsible for churning their thoughts out if they're assigned to it. It is SO weird that NO site anywhere online has reviewed this disc (it's not like it's so obscure that no one has heard of it).

I'm wondering if Universal has some kind of non-liftable embargo on it.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
I am the reviewer with HTF assigned to Universal titles. I have not posted a review of this title because I have never received it for review.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I'm sure there's a Youtube guru or 12 out there with an unboxing/review video somewhere. Most of those jokers can't be taken seriously but it may be your only window into the release. 8 mile is like one of the most popular movies made in the last 20 years.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
I am the reviewer with HTF assigned to Universal titles. I have not posted a review of this title because I have never received it for review.
Thanks for your reply, Timothy; seems the senior reviewer at AVS didn't get it, either. Is there ANY word why this never went out? I mean, even Blu-ray.com, as vile and cancerous of a forum environment it is, doesn't have something up -- and that's SUPER weird.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
I'm sure there's a Youtube guru or 12 out there with an unboxing/review video somewhere. Most of those jokers can't be taken seriously but it may be your only window into the release. 8 mile is like one of the most popular movies made in the last 20 years.
LOL...yeah, I looked at some of the so-called "reviews," but they're more like glorified unboxing videos more than anything. One guy just can't be, as you called it, taken seriously, as he keeps saying "ya know, stuff like that...." and then expects us to think he's actually reviewing the audio and visual elements of the release, and, on top of that, he doesn't really have anything to say about the picture quality of the transfer, which makes zero sense.

At any rate, this has been an exhausting process just trying to hunt a review down online, and I still, for the life of me, don't understand why Universal doesn't want anyone to have a copy of this for professional overview; as I said, I have it coming in the mail (and it's replacing a full-screen DVD version, so I am assuming it HAS to be an upgrade), so I will see for myself soon enough.

Thanks for your reply.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
Watched it last night; looks great with not-too-overcooked HDR.

The audio, amazingly, seems to be dumbed down to my ears compared to the lossy DTS track of the DVD I am replacing -- I could swear that the DTS:X track (played back on my system as DTS-HD MA 5.1) isn't nearly as impactful, bass-heavy or surrounding as the previous lossy mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks