What's new

Cheaper By The Dozen - Belles On Their Toes (1 Viewer)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I just got the original Cheaper by the Dozen (1950) and its sequel belles on their toes. Transfers are better than what used to run on Cinemax. they had old smeary transfers where everything looked all yellow. these new dvds don't look like that but they certainly don't look like the original technicolor.
The big bummer is the second film, Belles. The sound has been processed into the ground and is practically unlistenable. to hear some of the scenes from this in good sound, one only has to go to the trailer for the film that is included on the disc where everything sounds fine.
Both discs include the trailer from Cheaper by the Dozen, buts its only a black and white trailer, not the original color one.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I agree about CBTD. I picked it up at Costco, and the transfer is terrible. This just screams "remake tie-in." Fox can do better, and if they can't they should say so.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
The Mrs and I viewed the CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN (1950) DVD that we borrowed from our local library, this morning.

While I certainly noted the somewhat below par (Even for an early '00s!) visual transfer, it was a pronounced and progressive volume drop from about 67 minutes in that got both of our attention! We ended up having to double the volume up to around 40 on our TV just to hear the dialogue!

Has anyone else experienced the drastic volume drop with this DVD? The playback had no other anomalies to indicate a flawed disc, and we only use the built in TV speakers for our audio, so it's definitely not anything receiver related!

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks