What's new

Charlize Theron is AEON FLUX! (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

paul_v

Second Unit
http://inhome.rediff.com/movies/2004/sep/01theron.htmCharlize Theron injured on set of Aeon Flux

Charlize Theron was injured during the filming of Aeon Flux in Berlin early this week.

People magazine says although this year's Oscar winner did not have to be admitted to hospital, it wasn't known how serious the injury was.

The accident occurred on the sets of the science fiction film when Charlize was doing her own stunts.

She was executing a wire-hanging scene when the mishap took place.

Shooting has been halted to help the actress recover.

To prepare for her title role as Aeon Flux -- a futuristic assassin -- Charlize lost weight, went through a rigorous exercise regime and dyed her hair black from her beautiful blonde.

Her training included a high-protein, low-carb diet and a four-hour daily workout. She also learned some gymnastic moves.

For Monster, which got her an Oscar, she put on weight to fit into the role of a serial killer.

In Aeon Flux, she is a commando, member of a group that rebels against the government. The film is set in the future where most of the population has been wiped out by plague.

Based on Peter Chung's MTV animated series, it also stars Oscar winner (Fargo) Frances McDormand, Marton Csokas and Jonny Lee Miller.

Charlize's next release is a fortnight away. She stars in Head on the Clouds, opposite real life boyfriend, Stuart Townsend.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Sadly, the series isn't out on DVD. Maybe MTV will finally put it out to tie in with the movie. I'm also surprised to hear this is in production and that I didn't hear about it before they started filming.

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
actually the first season of the series
is out on dvd..came out in 1998 I think.
I did a search on dvdpricesearch.com and it only came up on amazon for 79.95 used !!!
damn..hopefully we will see a new release of the complete series (2 seasons I think) and with the liquid telivision shorts

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The first season is long out of print on DVD. It is technically available used, btu the cheapest one in the Amazon marketplace right now is $80. And hte rest of the series isn't available at all.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Wow $80? Heh, guess my Aeon Flux DVD is worth more than my Criterion Hardboiled (which is no longer OOP). :)

I'm still pissed that MTV has not released the COMPLETE Aeon Flux series on DVD. Feh. Death to MTV!

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Did anyone else think it was weird that none of the press coverage (at least, what I've seen) has mentioned how she was injured? That's one of the first bits of info that usually come out (like Halle Berry's eye).

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
Did anyone watch this anime/animated series on liquid tv years ago...??

I'm personally looking forward to the movie, though i have to wonder how they're going to negotiate the whole Aeon dying at the end of every episode problem.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I saw a few pictures of the fully clothed actress playing Aeon. Quite a change, to take the essentially naked Aeon and make her wear clothes. Not sure what to expect from the film, that's for sure.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm not sure what the film is going to turn out to be either.

I kinda figured that Chung's anorexic characters in almost fetish outfits weren't going to be in this film as well. I just hope that they don't take all the sex out of it. It seems a big part of his world.

Taking out the look, tho, what is there?

Jason

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Well I've been to the site my friends, and there appears to be a novel story there. I'm interested.

There is a walled city in this new vision, and though it isn't quite the version of Bregna and Monica that was in the series, it looks interesting - utopian but terrifying - nonetheless.

Here's a tip: on the official site, clicking on TIMELINE does not work anywhere except on the main "HOME" page (where the menu items appear to be floating bubbles). Elsewhere it is a dead link. So go to the floating bubbles page, click on TIMELINE, and be impressed.

Might this turn out to be as interesting as Blade Runner? Here's hoping.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to guess that...

Since the timeline seems to suggest that Trevor Goodchild is over 300 years old and still looks young, that the tendency of citizens to dissapear may have to do with an elite part of the leadership pulling a cannibalistic Soylent Green of some kind to remain immortal...

I will further hazard that Aeon Flux might not be that old, so she therefore may be both the child of and the eventual lover of Goodchild - who as we all recall from the anime was a really sick f'k. Makes sense as a "No Luke, I am your father!" type of plot development.

I;m getting a Logan's Run meets Solylent Green meets Orwell's 1984 vibe off this thing. Could be good!

Jim Ogilvie

Stunt Coordinator
Some pics I found.

http://movieweb.com/movies/galleries...m=2524&id=1997

For those who were expecting the costume to be faithful to the animated series, you will be pretty disappointed.

The offiicial Aeon web site does a great job of making this look very entertaining. It may very well end up that the less you know about animated Aeon, the better off you will be, however.

I'll go see it, for sure.

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
I don't know why everyone's so upset about the costume -- it would take ROLLS AND ROLLS of doublesided tape for Charlize to be able to stay in the original costume for Aeon Flux.

I'm just hoping that the storyline is faithful to the animated series -- i'm seriously curious about how they're going to negotiate the fact that she died at the end of every episode.

Anyway -- the timeline feature is definately intriguing.

Looking forward to getting a trailer sooner or later.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks