What's new

Charlize Theron is AEON FLUX! (MERGED THREAD) (2 Viewers)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I used to watch this all the time, it was pretty wierd alright, but facinating as well. The only parts I found disturbing were the many big, wet, long tongue scenes, that show was obsessed with licking!

That might look alright with Charliez doing it though. :D

Diallo B

Screenwriter
i like charlize theron. but not as aeon flux. it does not match for me. i don't see it or buy it.

just like jessica alba as invisible girl. i like her. but it is a poor casting choice.

i buy angelina jolie as aeon flux.
i buy a younger sigourney weaver as aeon flux.
i buy rosario dawson as aeon flux.

but not charlize theron.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
just looked at the pix. she is just too cute in the face. not hard enough.

i really don't buy it now.

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
I think this is one of those movies where it might possibly be decent to the general public but there's no way it can possibly please fans of the show. Even aside from the visual aspect of it, I just can't see the story being anywhere near as "out there" as most of the tv episodes were.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

To be honest, I don't think you can make a faithful adaptation to live action, and have it be economically viable.

One thing I expect is that it probably won't resemble the animated series all that much.

Jason

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I'm definatley interested. Big fan of the original animated series, but I don't expect the film to be anything like it. CT may not fit the character at all, but I'm interested to see what she'll do with the character. It could be really good.

BridgetJZ

Second Unit
Well, it may be useful to compare the introduction on the main site to the animated series, it seems as though they're definately trying to stay true to the atmosphere.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Full trailer is up at Apple's site.

Full Trailer for Aeon Flux

This looks like a slick action thriller. I'll see it as a respite between all the Oscar contenders this fall.

Charlize looks damn good, especially about 45 seconds into the trailer. You'll know it when you see it. :)

Black hair, long blonde hair, short blonde hair, she looks beautiful no matter what (Monster being the exception of course.)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I don't know, it looks so bright and cheery, like Demolition Man. The animated version was so hard, raw and edgy. I don't mind her look, but I think you have to make the world grittier than the future world in the Bill and Ted films.

The trailer just made me less interested, except perhaps in the area of stalking Charleze Theron of course. :)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

The city is supposed to look bright & cheery because the plot is about the costs associated with making it so bright & cheery.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
The trailer definitely perked my interest in the movie. Those killer blades of grass and Aeon's gadgets were v. cool, but what has happened to Trevor Goodchild? The guy referenced in the trailer looks nothing like him.

Colton

Supporting Actor
I think one of the main reasons the animated series did so well is how Aeon was horribly killed and mysteriously resurrected in the next episode. This would make a very interesting twist for the movie where she experiences several death scenes, but somehow she returns to life. This would be explained at the end. That would be cool!

- Colton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks