What's new

Charlize Theron is AEON FLUX! (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Timothy Alexander

Second Unit

Haha, I still remember the first time I saw an Aeon Flux short on MTV's Liquid TV. I'm just watching this highly stylized, well directed adult animation getting really into what she was doing hoping she gets the bad guy only to see her fall off a cliff and lay on the ground in a bloody pulp. I just sat there for 15 minutes straight wondering what the hell did I just see.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
She is scheduled to be on Letterman tonight.

Too bad about the impending suckitude.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I would watch a movie about the life of a rock as long as that goddess Charlize is in it, but this film doesn't look anything like the series.

But, Charlize IS wearing a slinky black outfit, so I will see it. :D

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
Does look pretty cheezy to me. The needle grass, little rolling balls of explosives. Charlize looks pretty hot though.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
If this were really Aeon Flux then the men would be wearing football-type shoulder pads and a codpiece connected by a couple of stings. Plus there should be lots of tongue wrestling with people whose lips are an inch apart. Based on the cartoon, that is how everyone kisses in the movie.:D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I get the feeling that this will be Charlize's "Catwoman" in terms of infamy.

Mini-review added: It tries to be weird and foreign at times, but it never quite gels into a plausible set of situations and circumstances, and it just feel underwritten in terms of characterizations. I give it 2 stars or a grade of C.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Well there was some tongue action in the trailer (spy related though), and I didn't notice it before, but you even see a quick glimps of Sithandra's "Hand feet" in there too. I figured they wouldn't bother with that. The previews don't make it seem all that good, but I think it looks fairly close to what Aeon should be.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
I predict a less than thrilling 15 million dollar domestic opening weekend. And yes this will be Charlize Theron's Catwoman.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
As an Aeon Flux fan I am bound by oath I swore to go see this movie, although my expectations are low. I got some friends together for moral support and we're gearing up for Saturday night. I mean it's not directed by Uwe Boll, it's got that going for it right?

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
If I recall correctly, the Liquid Televisions episodes featured a lot of Aeon's buttcheeks. I didn't see any of that in the commercials, to my disappointment. I mean, if you don't use Charlize's butt when you have a chance (see "Cider House Rule"), it can make or break your movie.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I think the only way that a live action film could do justice to the original is if they sicced the team that did Sin City on it. :D

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

It's not a good movie, but it's not that bad. It doesn't capture the spirit of the TV series at all and it's far too sterile & stilted with some awful actions sequences, but it's not Catwoman 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks