What's new

Cereal: Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
You just gotta love it. I'm enjoying a bowl of Fruit Loops now, even though I think they've lost some of their luster over the years just like Apple Jacks.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Heh...I literally just came upstairs from eating a bowl of Frosted Cheerios before heading to bed (after a short trip to the internet). I grew up eating Cheerios and still love them. Though I do love Fruit Loops too. But we always had to eat cereals like that at my grandparent's house :)
Aaron

Michael Silla

Second Unit
One bad thing about living in the United states is that you don't get to buy "Crispy wheats and raisins." Simply put, no-one does the whole raisin and flake thing better. The raisins are plump and the flakes have just the right amount of sugar on them - plus they don't go soggy as fast.
I could go for a bowl right now......any Canadians willing to send me some? ;)
Michael.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I am a "cereal killa." I always have the classics on hand. Those would include:
Cocoa Puffs ( A stoner classic, although I do not partake). It's chocolate, it makes chocolate milk. Oh the zen of Cocoa Puffs. Simply the best cereal ever made. Corn puffs, sweetened with Hershey's cocoa.
Apple Jacks "fun to eat"
Lucky Charms "They're magically delicious" General Mills oat classic.
Cocoa Pebbles get the box with the Bedrock Riddles, for extra fun.
Trix (they have switched this one up a bit, new shape, I like the old one better) but it's General Mill's, and they own cereal, fruity sweetened corn puffs!
Fruit Loops (their is nothing lackluster about this fruity Kellogg's gem, they're fruity and they're loops ) Not a good value with the 11oz. box, go with the larger size.
Life (not as classic, an oat cereal, with which its' checkerboard pattern retains milk real well)
Cinnamon Toast Crunch (now this one, hasn't been around as long as the others, but kicks major a**, wheat and rice based, my only complaint is the 14 oz. box, they need a jumbo size, this General Mills outing is destined to be a classic)
let's just say this thread was long overdue :emoji_thumbsup:

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Frosetd Mini Wheats
YUM!
But I have to find and eat the HEAVILY FROSTED ones.

Joe McCabe

Second Unit
Freakies from the 70's was the greatest cereal ever!!
I can still remember the taste.

Anybody remember Grins & Smiles & Giggles & Laughs??
I loved that one too.

But today, I enjoy Cinnamon Life, and Corn Pops.

Cam S

Screenwriter
MMMMM, NOTHING beats Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I could seriously eat an entire box in a sitting they are so good, dam, now I'm craving them.

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
I think putting milk on cereal is OUTRIGHT, GROSS! Why would anybody wanna eat soggy cereal? I eat my cereal dry and with my had. Just reach in the bowl and grab a handfull an stuff it in my face.
milk on cereal :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
What's worse is when the person next to you is eating cereal with milk in it and he slurps it. God, it just makes me wanna puke.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
major a**, wheat and rice based, my only complaint is the 14 oz. box, they need a jumbo size, this General Mills outing is destined to be a classic)
I'm not sure of the exact size, but I just bought a BIG box of CTC yesterday-even came with a free computer game! Gone are the eras of secret decoder rings-now we get software and DVDs in our cereal.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I still think it's funny that all of those cereals with "Sugar" in the name from when I was a kid have been renamed so they don't sound quite so bad for you, even if they are.

Sugar Pops = Corn Pops

Super Sugar Crisp = Super Golden Crisp

Sugar Smacks = Smacks

Sugar Frosted Flakes = Frosted Flakes

and so on.

Aaron_Morris

Stunt Coordinator
I don't want to seem like and old fart ( I am only 21 after all) but Blueberry Morning is wicked good. Although I must say it is probably the most expensive cereal I have ever consumed. Something like $46 for one of those sample boxes you get in the mail. Well maybe I am exagerating on the price but it is way more than the "sugar" cereals.
Oh, and Golden Grahams kicks butt too.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Freakies from the 70's was the greatest cereal ever!!
Right on Joe!

Somewhere in a box in my home I actually have the Freakie character collection, free with a bunch of proofs of purchase way back when. Gotta find those.

Oh, and I'm adding Count Chocula to the list...Did Coco Puffs one better by adding marshmallows.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I have what I call, "cereal-phases."

Just as when we were young we didn't like certain things, and then we all "grew" into "them." (Well majority of people I know have same scenarios).

I'll crave a cereal. Have my woman buy it (J/K, calm down). Eat it. After about a month (3 times of normal shopping rotation roughly) of consuming my once craved cereal, I dislike it for some time. Then I fall back on my old cereal that had it's rotation finish just a month earlier. So my alternative for every other month is the one I did not want the month before. "It's a fecious cycle.."

But after about a year, I just get 2 whole new cereals to start another "cereal phase."

I'm currently on Corn Pops this month, and then Cinnamon Toast Crunch next month, and so on. I have taught you well my son(s).

-Bert

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
They killed off two of my favorites, Berry Berry Kix and Rice Krispies Treats Cereal.:frowning: I'm a very moody cereal eater, in that I go on a kick with a cereal for days or weeks, then get really disgusted with it and not eat it for a year. Oh yeah, and I'd rather eat my cereal with Raid on it than milk.:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks