What's new

Cereal: Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I nearly ate a whole box of Cinnamen Toast Crunch in one setting! Great cereal as are these:
Trix (buy them for "the kids" but I love em too)
Cocoa Puffs
Apple Cheerios
Fruit Loops
Frosted Mini Wheats
Raisen Sun Crunch (something like that)
Captain Crunch N'Berries
:emoji_thumbsup:

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I've consumed loads of Cap'n Crunch, Frosted Flakes, and Cocoa Crispies in my day. The problem is, none of these fits neatly in a shirt pocket, so it's Nutri Grain bars for me these days.

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
Love Cap'n Crunch's Peanut Butter Crunch. And anything with a cool toy in it like the Post Bobblehead Baseball Players. I never grew up.

Does anybody here remember Cap'n Crunch's Vanilly Crunch? Damn, that was good.

Scott Dautel

Second Unit
One bad thing about living in the United states is that you don't get to buy "Crispy wheats and raisins." Simply put, no-one does the whole raisin and flake thing better. The raisins are plump and the flakes have just the right amount of sugar on them - plus they don't go soggy as fast.
Michael ... man did you say a mouthful! You are absolutely right. The flake/raisin combo has reached it's pinnacle with CWaR. However, I'm shocked at your comments regarding bootlegging in from the great white north. Here in the mid-atlantic states they're a supermarket staple. In fact, they often run 2-boxes-for-$5 specials. For me, this is crack-cereal. I can never eat just one bowl. It's always 2 or even 3. My wife agrees & we stock up weekly.

So dont bother heading north for a fix, just come east my boy. I can't imaqgine why they wouldn't sell CWaR everywhere ... except for the fact that it would kill the original Raisin Bran overnight.

Crispy Wheats & Raisins ... even better than pizza-in-a-cup!

Scott

ollie_k

Stunt Coordinator
Crispix cereals, or any other rice cereal is my fave, but its an ongoing battle with my wife as to what cereals to buy. I like regular cheerios, and she likes the apple cinnamon cheerios (well actually we buy the generic store brands saves some $$ and they taste the same).
Just had a bowl of 'granola flakes w/raisins' cereal this morning :emoji_thumbsup: It cleans you out if ya know what I mean :D

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I think putting milk on cereal is OUTRIGHT, GROSS! Why would anybody wanna eat soggy cereal?
Man, ever try eating a bowl of Cap'N Crunch without milk? :eek: Ouch! That's where they get the moniker (termed by another HTF'r), "Bleeding Mouth Barrels" from.
That said, among my favorites:
•Cap'N Crunch Crunch Berries...with plenty of milk (though the multi-colored berries are a sacrilege, except in the "Christmas Crunch" variety)
•Boo-Berry (as someone mentioned before...hard to find)
•Honey Nut Crunch Corn Flakes (I've eaten this for dinner sometimes.)
•Cocoa Krispies (chocolate milk with my cereal
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

I eat Kellogg's All-Bran cereal, and I let it sit in milk for 10-15 minutes until it's completely soggy and slimy... yum... that cereal tastes AWFUL dry, but is great when it's all soft in the milk.

The other cereal I eat is the Go Lean Crunch, that one is just as good dry as it is in milk.

/Mike

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Trix (buy them for "the kids" but I love em too)
I used to love this as a kid, when the cereal was different colored round balls. But now its shaped like fruits, and has a much stronger fruit taste as well. Still have half a box from over a year ago in the pantry.
Why would anybody wanna eat soggy cereal?
As for adding milk, I'm in agreement that soggy cereal is generally bad. This is why you have to time it just right after pouring the milk in! Too soon and the cereal is still too crunchy. Too late and you get soggy goop (as mentioned above, with All-Bran and some other bran cereals, this is actually a good thing!). Let the milk soak in just enough to take away the hardness, but not make it mushy.
And nothing beats the great tasting flavor of the milk after its soaked in Smacks or Apple Jacks ;)
Incidentally, I find that generic brands tend to get soggier much faster than the name brand stuff. Yes, I can definately tell the difference!
Favorites:
Frosted Mini Wheats (full size, not the bite size, which are too hard. Eat with the frosting side toward the tongue)
Fruity Pebbles (when I want lots of sugar)
Cocoa Pebbles (when I want chocolate milk... like the texture better than other cocoa cereals)
Grape Nut Flakes and Grape Nuts (add sugar to both)
Smacks and Apple Jacks (best for flavoring milk!)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Personally I find Trix and Golden Crisp revolting, along with anythign with "marshmellows"

Grape Nuts with honey, mmmmmm
Corn Flakes, Special K and Kix are great too, and my personal fave: Great Grains

Froot Loops, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Frosted Flakes have to be my tops otherwise

TimDoss

Second Unit
Fruity Pebbles.... there is nothing better.

And perhaps the greatest munchies food (not that I've
ever done anything that resulted in the munchies),
Cap'n Crunch.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
:eek: >showing age< :b My favorite was always Boo Berry and Count Chocula. Might as well eat a bowl of sugar with milk...:D Basically different types of Lucky Charms.
Honorable mention to all the standard sugar cereals I used to eat: Fruity Pebbles!, Cap'n Crunch, Coaco Puffs, Frosted Flakes, Apple Jacks, Fruit Loops, Corn Pops.
Fruity Pebbles kick butt!!
"Normal": Rice Crispies, Cheerios, plain Corn Flakes, Grape Nuts, General Mills Granola.

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
My favorites:

Cookie Crisp
Kaboom

By the way, what ever happened to the plain Cookie Crisp, the stuff in the blue box without the chocolate chips?

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I was stuck on the Apple Cinnamon Cheeros for a long time with the ocational box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

But my new favorite is to buy those huge paired boxes of Kellogs Just Right and a 4 can flat of canned peaches at Costco. Throw 4-6 peach slices and several spoon fulls of the canning suripe into the bowl with some milk and it's really good.

But I also love Quaker instant oatmeal too. They finally got rid of the apple and raison spice flavors and replaced them with an apple pie flavor and a cinnamon bun flavor in the big Costco boxes. Two of those pouches with a handful of raisons makes a great breakfast, especially in the winter.

Eve T

Supporting Actor
Okay here is my list.

Fruity Pebbles
Kellogs corn flakes
Grape nuts...yes I said grape nuts
Captain Crunch (how would I ever live without it?)
Boo Berry (I loved this cereal as a child)
Count Chocula (loved this one too as a child)
Cheerios (every now and again are good)
Those are about the only ones I enjoy.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
The current fave is Post Cranberry Almond Crunch. Flakes, oat clusters, almonds and sweet juicy craisins. MmmmMmmm good.

Also addicted to:

Life
Golden Grahams
Frosted Flakes
Apple Cinnamon Cheerios
Sugar Crisp (AKA Super Golden Crisp)
MiniWheat
Honeycomb
Corn Pops (although the US Corn Pops are 100x better)
Crispix

I can live without CapnCrunch which is just swful stuff, Honey Nut Cheerios, and Fruit Loops for the rest of my life. Crunch and Loops leave a nasty film in the milk and in your mouth and it's just icky.

RIP

Rice Crispie Treats
C3POs
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Cereal (the stuff they made for this in the US was basically Rice Chex with marshmellows. I'd say it was the best marshmellow cereal I've had. When they did a TMNT cereal here in canada it was some gross green glob corn thing)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
My favorite is still Peanut Butter Captain Crunch. I can eat that shit by the boxfull. Thus I only get it on special occasions, since otherwise I'd be a bloated mass of PB and sugar.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
What, you people got something against Mr. T cereal!? :confused: :D
I love Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch too, but it stays crunchy too long IMO.
Latly i've been eating a lot of Frosted Mini Wheats, the full size baby. It's delicious, but on the other hand it's a lot of pressure to hurry up and eat it before the milk disolves all of the white sugary goodness off on them! That really pisses me off.
My absolute favorite is without a doubt Apple Jacks though.

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
Man, ever try eating a bowl of Cap'N Crunch without milk? Ouch! That's where they get the moniker (termed by another HTF'r), "Bleeding Mouth Barrels" from.
All the time, man. ALL the TIME! I don't want just a spoonful in my mouth either. I grab a HANDFUL. If I'm hungry for a snack, I pour myself a bowl of any available cereal in the house, set it aside on my desk, and grab a handful at a time while I'm BSing with you guys on HTF! :D :D :D I like all kinds of cereal.
Cocoa Puffs
Pops
Apple Jacks
Frosted and Corn Flakes
Cap'n Crunch
Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries
Cap'n Crunch OOPs Smash Berries
Cap'n Crunch Peanut butter
And there's other cereals I can't get off the top of my head right now. But I eat them all DRY. I don't really like milk anyway. I like Chocolate milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks