What's new

Center Upgrade (1 Viewer)

I just picked up a Klisch 5.1 package. My rear surround is crap so I want to move the RCX-3 from the front center to the rear and replace the front with the RCX-4. Considering all 5 of the speakers included in the package are identical in spec, would the higher power and sensitivity of the next level in center speaker "take over" the front sound stage?

Thanks

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Not if you calibrate the center to output the same as the rest using an SPL meter and test tones (if you haven't heard of calibration before, there is a detailed explanation in the HTF Primer located on the "Basics" page). You need to be more worried about the timbre (tone) of the speaker than the volume. Volume can be adjusted for each individual speaker through calibration, timbre cannot. Your best bet would be to audition the center with your current mains, either in the store or at home if the store has a liberal return policy. However, being they are made by the same company, they are probably timbre matched as closely as possible already and you won't have to worry. More details on the timbre matching between model series could probably be learned from Klipsch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks