What's new

Center channel woes (1 Viewer)

Joe Wilmore

Stunt Coordinator
I need some help regarding the sound of my center channel. On alot of movies, the voices sound muffled or chesty. I bought the Lovan Center Channel director, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. The center speaker is located on top of a 50" RPTV. The front speakers are almost all of the way in front of the TV, toed in toward the listening position. Thanks for any help.

Joe Wilmore

Stunt Coordinator
I have the EFE Technologies C-2 center channel. Not many people are familiar with it, but it is an MTM design with 2 6.5" carbon woofers, and a 1" titanium tweeter.

MarkFrab

Agent
Joe,

If you disconnect your mains does the center channel sound improve? If so, you may have a phase problem.

Oh, and you don't have the TV producing any sound, right?

Regards,

Mark

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Does the Lovan allow you to tilt the speaker so that the tweeters are aimed directly at ear level in listening position? Do you have it pushed all the way to the front of your TV (even overhanging a tad)?

I noticed a great improvement in clarity when I moved my center speaker from the top of my TV to a stand below and in front.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks