What's new

Cedar Point's Top Thrill Dragster (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
This ride starts out by going 120 mph in FOUR seconds, then lifts you up to 420 feet off the ground, rotating 90 degrees in the process, then dropping 400 feet STRAIGHT DOWN at 120 mph, rotating 270 degrees in the process. That's the great but only part of the ride.

World records made by this ride:

First roller coaster ever to top 400 feet
First coaster ever to reach speeds of 120 mph
First "strata-coaster" built on the planet Earth

I can't wait to wait in line to ride this! :D

http://www.topthrilldragster.com/pub...ttd/index2.cfm

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
But you live SO far away...:)

Do you visit the area from time to time? Have you ever been to Cedar Point?

Lee L

Supporting Actor
OMFG! that thing is insane. I've been wanting to go to Cedar Point for a while, looks like the time is near.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Just our of curiosity from us east coast folk.. After traveling so long to get there is there anything else to see & do before we leave?

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
What a coincidence, just this morning ,Glenn Beck, who does a radio talk show, was talking about this very same ride and how fast and quick it gets up to. I had never heard of it before. From the way it looks, it's going to be a huge draw for the park.

Mike Brogan

Second Unit
"is there anything else to see & do before we leave? "

There's enough at Cedar Point to keep you busy for a couple of days. As far as the surrounding area (Sandusky, OH) I would suggest a trip to the Put-In-Bay Islands or Kelley's Island. These islands are situated on Lake Erie, just Northwest of Sandusky and are easily accessible by Ferry or Express boats. Put-In-Bay can get pretty wild as the focus of the Downtown area is drinking and partying, but both islands have more family oriented activities to do during the day too. Quite a few bars there, so if you hate drunken crowds then this place is not for you. Personally I love it and try to plan a couple trips out there every summer. Out of State friends that I've taken there are really surprised that they're in Ohio... I guess when they think of Ohio they think of Auto factories and corn fields. If you do a web search for Put-In-Bay you should find a ton of sites out there with more information.

Also Cleveland is about 50 miles East of Sandusky, and usually something interesting can be found here. We have some really good museums, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and the Cleveland Science Center can be a good time.

I haven't actually been to Cedar Point for a couple of years but I'll try to make it this year. When I was in High School we used to go there at least 12 times a Summer, of course that was when a Season Pass cost less than a one day ticket does now.

Mike

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
I make it to Cedar Point usually once a year. The Millennium Force coaster blew me away; I can't imagine what this one will be like.

Jon

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
So has anyone made it out to ride this thing yet? How does it compare to MF? I was a little disappointed when I saw that the final design was so short, but what's there could be quite cool.

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Oh, man. If I got on that thing I would scream and puke the entire ride.

Then quickly run back to get into line again. I am so going there soon!

KyleS

Screenwriter
Well when I head back to our Indiana plant again I will have to make sure that my flight is coming home on a Sunday so that I can drive to Sandusky Saturday. ;)

I cant wait to get on this ride.

KyleS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks