What's new

Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow: THE HTF ADDICT 3D REVIEW (2 Viewers)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I watched this for the first time last night. It was okay, but I was a little disappointed after all the glowing reviews.

I was surprised at how funny the movie was, I guess the premise lends itself to a lot of absurd situations and the script took great advantage of that. And I really liked the design of the aliens, which looked really *alien* instead of humanoids or giant bugs or whatever other boring design Hollywood usually comes up with.

But there were a few plot holes and the ending didn't make very much sense to me.

The 3D conversion was impressive. I noticed there was a brief rain scene that seemed convincing to me, which stood out after a similar scene from World War Z looked awful converted to 3D (admittedly, the EOT scene was much shorter).

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
cafink said:
I watched this for the first time last night. It was okay, but I was a little disappointed after all the glowing reviews.
Same here. I watched it last week and came away kind of ho-hum about the film. The next day it hardly crossed my mind. The great word of mouth about this movie had my expectations set too high I suppose, because I found it just slightly above average except for Emily Blunt. She did a great job with her role.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.