What's new

CDs in ProLogic (1 Viewer)

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
Right now I have my CD/DVD player hooked up via digital coax to my receiver. When playing CDs the receiver detects a ProLogic signal. Right now I have only mains, so I don't see a problem in it, but when I pick up my new surrounds I'm worried the receiver will try to use them. Am I misunderstanding things? If it does try this I'll buy another set of RCAs that will force the receiver into taking 2-channel audio. My only thought is that it IS ProLogic, but not 4.1, but 2.1 or 2.0... Is that correct?

Secondly, after getting my surrounds I might want to use them occasionally for "dual mains" (for parties/ambient sound thoughout the loft). Is this possible?

Equipment

Yamaha 495 Receiver

Sony 550d DVD Player

Monitor 7's

Soon to come:

Mini-Monitors (surrounds)

CC-370

Finally, which 5 disc changers play CD-Rs?

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Many receivers have a setting that allows to choose between Stereo and Pro Logic while playing a CD. It's often called "Mode" or something similar. Look for that.

Almost, if not all, CD players play CD-R discs.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Secondly, after getting my surrounds I might want to use them occasionally for "dual mains" (for parties/ambient sound thoughout the loft). Is this possible?
Most major receiver products have a DSP called 5 CHANNEL STEREO or something similar- that will route raw stereo signal to all channels. If not, you might try one of the other DSP effects that make stereo go to all channels and see which you like.

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks