1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Cast to Device from W10 not working

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by garegina, Jan 26, 2020.

1. garegina

garegina Auditioning

Gary Sutherland
    Hello Everyone I have just purchased a X9500 Sony TV. It replaced a Samsung TV. On my Windows 10 PC if I wanted to play a video clip to my Samsung I would right click the video file - choose cast to device - the TV appears in list and I click on the TV and it asked for permission - i clicked yes on TV and away it went. With the Sony the TV appears in the list but when I click on it all I get is Unexpected Device Error. I have turned on Renderer in Network settings. Under Device Renderer Access my PC's mac address show up and it says access is on but still get Unexpected device error. It is an mp4 92mb in size. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get this working please

Thanks
    Gary

2. JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John
  3. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Nope, casting is painfully bad and I have avoided it it's whole life. Sorry!

4. garegina

garegina Auditioning

Gary Sutherland
    Thanks for your help - Never had any issues with Samsung TV's just Sony - Guess I'll see how helpful Sony support is. Thanks again