What's new

Carver C-1 pre- and M-500t amp (1 Viewer)

DanielGM

Stunt Coordinator
These are in outstanding condition for their age, conservatively 8/10 condtion on audiogon scale.

The M-500t is perhaps the best sounding Carver amp of this era, believe me, I have owned almost all of them. It makes 250 wpc into 8 ohms, 350 into 4. It can be bridged into 8 ohms for 700 watts per channel.

The C-1 also sounds excellent and has quite a few desirable features including two sets of pre-outs for biamping or a 2.1 setup, phono stage with MM and MC compatibility, a headphone output that actually sounds good, defeatable tone controls for each channel, and Bob Carver's famous Sonic Holography, which actually does add to a lot of recordings, but requires that your speakers are placed exactly symmetrically and that you sit in the sweet spot, otherwise it sounds like an echo. This is of course defeatable.

I'm asking $599 plus exact shipping for the pair. They will be very securely packed at my cost, and original manuals for both units are included.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks