What's new

Carpet and paint (1 Viewer)

MarcCh

Agent
I am in the finishing stages of my room. I was wondering if there is any recommendations of carpet, paint. Also should the ceiling be painted. Any help is appreciated.

Marc

chundell

Auditioning
I painted my ceilings and wall in stead of having a blown (popcorn)ceiling I finished it smooth. THe walls are dark blue and carpet is a blue also and seating is black the baseboard is trimmed in white. It works for me and the dark walls reflect no light so i love it. Check out my gallery.

chris_everett

Second Unit
Darker is better.
Gloss = Bad
Semi-Gloss = Bad
Eggshell or Satin = Okay
Flat = Best, but harder to clean

My colors:
Ceiling-Dark Grey Accoustic Foam
Upper half of walls - A dark magenta, satin
Divider between upper and lower half of walls - Purple accoustic foam
Lower half of walls - Dark "plum", satin
Trim - "Midnight purple" one shade away from black
Carpet - Commercial black carpet with little neon geometric shapes and squigles in it.

Don.l

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
Anybody have a good source for picking good color schemes?

Don

joseph westcott

Second Unit
A designer would tell you that you should probably consider the room as a whole before selecting any colors.

Flat latex is a given but you really need a handle on your furniture selectionfabric, curtain colors, and what your speaker cabinets do to compliment or detract from these.

If you have a significant other, this can get even more complicated because most women would not understand your need to paint the walls black or other variations of dark tones.

I would use the furniture as a guide to color selection for the rest of the applications of your room. That includes the speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks