What's new

Carousel...could this be a sign of a remaster? (1 Viewer)

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator
Wow.

So (beating dead horse and saying, "Tell me it ain't so, Joe"), none of this footage is known to exist anywhere, in any form. No original roadshow edition is possible.

(Guess I better wash that thought [an original road show edition] right outa my head)

DG

Greg_M

Screenwriter
Not to confuse things but isn't the European version of "South Pacific" different than the U.S. with the segment containing "Some Enchanted Evening" coming before the "Nothiing like a Dame" scene. There must be some other differences with the scenes being reversed.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Some material from the long version of Pacific has recently shown up, but it is not known if it is in good enough shape to restore the film to full length.
Also - yes, the European version has the Nellie and Emile segment first - just as in teh broadway show. That was Logans preferred version and the version we know with the seabees firsst was used only in North America.
It would be nice if Fox used this version (which very much exists) because there is an awesome extra piece of scoring for when Joe Cable first sees the islands that is NOT in the american prints.
However,m even in the long version - don't expect to see the uncut GONNA WASH THAT MAN RIGHT OUGHTA MY HAIR. It doesn't exist. That version never even made the first preview print.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Some material has been found but I am not permitted to say more than that at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks