What's new

Pre-Order SPHE Press Release: The Way We Were (1973) 50th Anniversary Edition (4k UHD Combo) (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
That’s great.
About a year before I started transitioning into digitals

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Here’s hoping Streisand puts back all of Jack Nicholson’s scenes she supposedly insisted cut from On A Clear Day You Can See Forever or at least give it a proper restoration. And while she’s at it she can also put back all of Anne Francis’s scenes cut from Funny Girl. I’m sure Vincent Minnelli and William Wyler wouldn’t mind.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The Vanity Fair website has a long except from Streisand's autobiography part of which is about the Way We Were. While most of the article rehashes the plot of the movie, towards the end there is very interesting information about the 2 scenes that will be put back in the movie for this new release and why they still exist. She makes a very compelling case for the reinsertion of the scenes. I look forward to seeing this new version of the film. On Matt Howe's Barbra Archive website he says she convinced Sony to include both versions of the film on iTunes and other streaming services.

Last edited:

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Even though the release date is October 17th, Amazon has a delivery date of November 21st? Shortage of product?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Even though the release date is October 17th, Amazon has a delivery date of November 21st? Shortage of product?
Yes! I ordered mine from another retailer and already received three different emails changing when I’ll receive my preorder.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I hope someone posts if/when the digital copy starts to include both versions of the film.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I’ll upgrade my TT disc to this much anticipated 4K/UHD disc.

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Does anyone besides Amazon have this in stock to ship?
Still late November on Maazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks