What's new

Carol Burnett Release (1 Viewer)

JohnOPR

Stunt Coordinator
I just noted on another internet site that two separate Carol Burnett DVD's will be released on 3 May 05. One is entitled "Carol Burnett: Let's Bump Up The Lights"; the other, "Carol Burnett: Let's Bump and Showstoppers". I believe the first disc relates to her conversations with the audience before the skits and music begin, but I'm not sure about the second. Anyone have any info about these releases, especially the "Showstopper" disc. I've been buying the Columbia House DVD efforts for a while now and enjoy them very much, as they're complete CB shows; but I'm always curious as to anything new on the horizon. Carol Burnett was always one of my favorites. Many of her shows were classics.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Those are 2 specials that were basically CBS reunions that aired in this century, reuniting the entire original cast of The Carol Burnett Show with their choices of Best-Of sketches.

The first one was "Showstoppers" (which has been sold in stores on DVD for a long time) and the second was "Let's Bump Up the Lights", so it sounds like from what you described that they're both being released together in one set.

There's really little reason to buy the specials unless you're a completist. I'd rather see just the old shows in their entirety and not just selected bits.

But there is one plus: In addition to the usual material, Let's Bump Up the Lights also used a few seconds here and there of the early episodes from 1967 to 1971, mostly Carol's opening monologs and her taking questions from the audience which have not been seen anywhere since they originally aired. It shows that the original tapes are intact! Now if only Columbia House could get a hold of those old shows....

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Showstoppers was released in 2002. LBUtL will be released on 5/3, as mentioned. I talk about the new release in this story, and in it I have a link to info about the old release. I also mention that actual episodes can be ordered by subscription, and how.

And yes, there will be a bundle of both SS and LBUtL shrinkwrapped together and sold at a bundle price. That's not atypical for Paramount/CBS at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks