What's new

Lurker converted into new member. On the hunt for obscure Carol Burnett Show "The Family" sketches for a project. (1 Viewer)

johnqpublic864

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Hi,

I'm new around these parts. I like it. This site reminds me of "the good ol days" when I regularly visited forums, before social media largely ruined/replaced online communities.

I recently jumped back into physical media collecting. I'm not yet ready to put together a great home theater, but when I buy my next home, that'll be one of my biggest considerations when home shopping.

I came across this site while scouring the Interwebs for information on The Carol Burnett Show. I'm currently on a mission to put together a complete collection of the 31 "The Family" sketches in order. "The Family" was a recurring sketch on The Carol Burnett Show which was later developed into a standalone sitcom, Mama's Family.

To date, there has never been a release of the 31 sketches together from The Carol Burnett Show. This would've been an obvious highly desired bonus to have been packed in with the Mama's Family DVD series. Anyhow, I've managed to locate 30 of the 31 sketches. The one sketch that's missing is from The Carol Burnett Show, Season 11, Episodes 4, with an original airdate of October 15, 1977. If anyone has any insights as to where I may find this episode, in any format (e.g. old VHS or Beta recording), I'd appreciate the information.

After the collection is built, I'll just say, it could end up popping up online free to folks who want it. At least unless an official release ever happens (I have my doubts).

Alright, I'll wrap this up before I click something else and have to start over again.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don’t know anything about that Carol Burnett show unfortunately but I just wanted to say welcome to the forum - glad to have you as an official member!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Hi,

I'm new around these parts. I like it. This site reminds me of "the good ol days" when I regularly visited forums, before social media largely ruined/replaced online communities.

I recently jumped back into physical media collecting. I'm not yet ready to put together a great home theater, but when I buy my next home, that'll be one of my biggest considerations when home shopping.

I came across this site while scouring the Interwebs for information on The Carol Burnett Show. I'm currently on a mission to put together a complete collection of the 31 "The Family" sketches in order. "The Family" was a recurring sketch on The Carol Burnett Show which was later developed into a standalone sitcom, Mama's Family.

To date, there has never been a release of the 31 sketches together from The Carol Burnett Show. This would've been an obvious highly desired bonus to have been packed in with the Mama's Family DVD series. Anyhow, I've managed to locate 30 of the 31 sketches. The one sketch that's missing is from The Carol Burnett Show, Season 11, Episodes 4, with an original airdate of October 15, 1977. If anyone has any insights as to where I may find this episode, in any format (e.g. old VHS or Beta recording), I'd appreciate the information.

After the collection is built, I'll just say, it could end up popping up online free to folks who want it. At least unless an official release ever happens (I have my doubts).

Alright, I'll wrap this up before I click something else and have to start over again.
Welcome to the HTF :)

There are several Carol Burnett Show threads but the episode you're missing seems to one no one seems to have access. That would be a good place to start,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks