What's new

Carnivale (Season 2)... (1 Viewer)

Jake Gove

Second Unit
I love the show, but do these online petitions ever work? Just seems like a way for a site like petitiononline to get traffic.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

No idea, but not signing a petition certainly won't save the show.

Certainly though I think HBO will pay more attention to the results of their survey than the petition.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Anybody hear anything about a third season? The longer we go with out hearing anything, the more I fear this show is doomed. Especially when you consider that Deadwood got renewed after 2 or 3 episodes.

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
I hear from a couple of different insiders that HBO will make their official decision in June. But that it doesn't look good.

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
The outlook was just as gloomy for The Wire, but they did the right thing and renewed it (long after the season ended). After season one, I wouldn't have missed Carnivale all that much, but this season was superb.

Chris

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Keep in mind that Deadwood is gonna be HBO's flagship when The Sopranos ends so they're gonna renew that show ASAP. As Chris said, I wouldn't worry about Carnivale yet since they renewed The Wire months after their season ended. Keep your fingers crossed:)

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
And the reason why The Wire was renewed was that Simon managed to show HBO that he has still stories to tell. So they decision based on the story to come, not on previous viewership or something other secondary business reason.

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
I'm not going to worry too much at this point. HBO has done the right thing in the past and I think they will renew Carnivale for a 3rd season. I filled out the HBO survey and signed the petition. With only 2,327 sigs on the petition I doubt it will do much good.

Joe:C

Second Unit
T.V. Guide has a small article about Carnivale.

HBO's Carnivale Doomed?

Despite published reports suggesting HBO is thisclose to shutting down cult series Carnivale, show creator Daniel Knauf insists he's heard no such death knell being sounded by Management. "The fact is, our ratings for our [second season finale] were [almost as high as] Deadwood that night," he says. "Personally, I think they're gonna pick it up." Of course should the underappreciated Dust Bowl drama fail to see a third season, there's always a chance it could live on in some other form. "I've got a feeling that this is not going to go away," Knauf says. "It could very well be one of those Star Trek experiences where we pick it up where we left off at some future date." That should give Ben plenty of time to bring Jonesy back to life.

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
Cancelled. Check the CarnivaleHBO Yahoo Group or the Carnivale forum at HBO.

Damn, I really believed that HBO was something different, more courageous.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That's a bummer but at least they had a great run:)

I guess the good thing is that there wasn't a total cliffhanger (like Twin Peaks). Like I've said before, maybe Knauf can completely finish the story in another medium (novel, comic book, etc).

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
I am absolutely devastated... :angry: It was one of the best shows ever created and HBO, of all companies, cancels it. Wow. Well done. :thumbsdown:

I just hope my passion for TV shows will take no permanent damage from this. As ridiculous as it may sound, I am not sure I want to invest more of my time to a hobby that causes so much disappointment and makes you feel betrayed time and again (Angel, Dead Like Me, ST: Enterprise, now Carnivale...).

I loved this series. Damn. :frowning:

P.S.: I would like to encourage everyone to take part in any actions to show HBO that they made a mistake; please visit the Carnivale-YahooGroup for more info.

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I know what you mean, Alex. I've lost many favourite shows too, including Dead Like Me and Twin Peaks - sometimes it feels that what's the point starting a new show, it's going to get cancelled anyway, at least if it's as original as Carnivale (and DLM) has been. Carnivale was and is a very good and intelligent show, one of my all time favourites and I'm truly sad to see it go.

Daniel Knauf has said that HBO owns Carnivale, all of it, so he can't take the show anywhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks